Want to Lift a Ford f350 powerstroke 10.5 inches - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Want to Lift a Ford f350 powerstroke 10.5 inches

Hello, im new to this forum and im also 15. Im looking at buying a 1999-2004 ford f350 powerstroke. I also wanna do an 8 inch suspension lift and a smaller leveling kit to total about 10.5 inches of lift and put probably 38 inch tires on it. I gonna have help putting the lift on. My brother just lifted his jeep 5 inches and a friend of my dads just lifted his jeep 4.5 inches with 37s and my dad also has experiencece lifting trucks and jeeps. Im gonna be using this truck for rocks climbing,mud and also driving on the road.The thing is,im trying to find out is a list of other things im gonna need to do to the truck after the lift i on and about how much will the other mods cost. Im also gonna POR 15 the hole entire underneath of the truck too,to prevent rust. Also what is a good cheaper 8 inch lift kit? Thanks-Kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Gonna be perfectly honest with you, a powerstroke is the last truck i would choose to make into a rock crawler. Are you wanting a 7.3 or 6.0? Why 99-04?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvrider93 View Post
Gonna be perfectly honest with you, a powerstroke is the last truck i would choose to make into a rock crawler. Are you wanting a 7.3 or 6.0? Why 99-04?

I disnt really mean rockcrawler maybe just some trails with some rocks and stuff nothing crazy. And the 99 through 04 because i like that style and becuse there cheaper than the newer ones obviously. And the 7.3 because i and many others believe it is one of the best motors. I also like the older 1997 s too but i would like to get a newer one for less rust and i like the style alittle better.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdiesel93 View Post
Hello, im new to this forum and im also 15. Im looking at buying a 1999-2004 ford f350 powerstroke. I also wanna do an 8 inch suspension lift and a smaller leveling kit to total about 10.5 inches of lift and put probably 38 inch tires on it. I gonna have help putting the lift on. My brother just lifted his jeep 5 inches and a friend of my dads just lifted his jeep 4.5 inches with 37s and my dad also has experiencece lifting trucks and jeeps. Im gonna be using this truck for rocks climbing,mud and also driving on the road.The thing is,im trying to find out is a list of other things im gonna need to do to the truck after the lift i on and about how much will the other mods cost. Im also gonna POR 15 the hole entire underneath of the truck too,to prevent rust. Also what is a good cheaper 8 inch lift kit? Thanks-Kevin

List of things you'll need:

1. Money
2. More money
3. Even more money

The only variable to offset how much money you'll need is how well you can fabricate suspension components and, at age 15, I don't know

Do a search on here for 10" lifts, 12" lifts, etc.. That'll give you a list of parts needed. I just did a build thread of my 14" lift. Check that out

Also, with leaf spring trucks, it's all suspension lift. There's no leveling kits and don't do a body lift.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred3297 View Post
List of things you'll need:

1. Money
2. More money
3. Even more money

The only variable to offset how much money you'll need is how well you can fabricate suspension components and, at age 15, I don't know

Do a search on here for 10" lifts, 12" lifts, etc.. That'll give you a list of parts needed. I just did a build thread of my 14" lift. Check that out

Also, with leaf spring trucks, it's all suspension lift. There's no leveling kits and don't do a body lift.
Well i cant fabricate it but my brother and my dad know how to weld and fabricate stuff. Also in addition to that his best friend owns a huge company that specializes in welding and fabrication. I was looking for a 12 inch lift but couldn't really find any. What is a good 12 inch lift. As for the money part i have a job that pays $10 an hour and i drive when im 17 so i got a solid 2 years to save every dime i get. Also i live in nj so it cant be too big or ill get tickets all the time but i think a 12 inch would be fine

Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 AM

if you want 10.5 you don't mix a level kit and a lift kit just get the parts to do it as a 10.5

but with your income and age I would seriously recommend a 8 inch or less

just due to initial cost , parts strain, center of gravity ,fuel mileage,
drawing attention to yourself from the Law ETC not to mention the 8 inch under kits are usually all inclusive and have been tried and true

if you do a big lift go with a company like Precision Metal Fab

Last edited by ZMANN; 07-03-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
if you want 10.5 you don't mix a level kit and a lift kit just get the parts to do it as a 10.5

but with your income and age I would seriously recommend a 8 inch or less

just due to initial cost , parts strain, center of gravity ,fuel mileage,
drawing attention to yourself from the Law ETC not to mention the 8 inch under kits are usually all inclusive and have been tried and true

if you do a big lift go with a company like Precision Metal Fab
I 100% agree with you but wouldnt you need to do the same amount of work to your truck if you had an 8 inch as to if you had a 10 or 12 inch. Like i mean all the drive train stuff. And what would i have to do.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:34 PM

drive lines come into play after 8 inches and clocking transfer cases ,brake lines pinion angles carrier bearing drops ,etc

up to 8 it's usually a non issue for those items since they have brackets and what not

if your dead set on a 10.5 it's not a huge deal I was just throwing out the fact it's kind of a crossover point after 8 inches

Last edited by ZMANN; 07-03-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Premium Member

From what you describe for your goals, a cheap lift isn't going to work. A "cheap lift" is going to be a spring lift in the front and that will limit your articulation. I would recommend a 4" hanger and 4" lift spring for the front (with the appropriate pitman arm and track bar bracket). Out back, a 4.5" shackle flip, an add-a-leaf for another 1.5, and a 4"~5" PMF single traction bar block lift. 4.5+1.5=6.0, then 2+2.5 (factory block)=4.5. This will get you the 8" of rear lift that you are looking for and still allow for axle articulation. Yes it equals 10.5, but I'm not counting the factory block.

After 8 inches you should be looking into a custom high steer cross over, more money.

Don't forget some 4.56s (or 4.88s depending on how hard core you want to go wheeling), more money.

The fact is, for the cost of a 99-04 Super Duty, your could buy an older gasser that already has a lift and big tires on it. I think it's great that you are swinging for the fences, but how do you plan to pay for all of this?
Old 07-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karls03 View Post
From what you describe for your goals, a cheap lift isn't going to work. A "cheap lift" is going to be a spring lift in the front and that will limit your articulation. I would recommend a 4" hanger and 4" lift spring for the front (with the appropriate pitman arm and track bar bracket). Out back, a 4.5" shackle flip, an add-a-leaf for another 1.5, and a 4"~5" PMF single traction bar block lift. 4.5+1.5=6.0, then 2+2.5 (factory block)=4.5. This will get you the 8" of rear lift that you are looking for and still allow for axle articulation. Yes it equals 10.5, but I'm not counting the factory block.

After 8 inches you should be looking into a custom high steer cross over, more money.

Don't forget some 4.56s (or 4.88s depending on how hard core you want to go wheeling), more money.

The fact is, for the cost of a 99-04 Super Duty, your could buy an older gasser that already has a lift and big tires on it. I think it's great that you are swinging for the fences, but how do you plan to pay for all of this?
I have job that i work when ever i feel like that pays $10 cash so i usualy make $80 a day. It is hard work. I work for a welding company.... Im the ***** that cleans up the messes ahah but im saving every penny i get for the bext twi years and im just trying to find out how much ill need. Say i bought a 8 inch skyjacker lift kit for like $1500 . How much would all the other stuff cost. Or how much does a 12 inch cost. I dont have to have money to put the lift on rite when i get the truck. It depends on how much money i make.i need to know how much a good 12 inch suspension lift would cost and then how much all the other crap would cost... About

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ford, lift, mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.