Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bilstein Shocks

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  INFRNL 
#1 · (Edited)
So, as some of you may know my "new to me" 2003 has an issue wallowing down the freeway. Did an un-scientific test today, pushed down right rear bumper, not bad, left rear, not bad. Right front, bounce, bounce, bounce, left front, bounce, bounce, bounce. Combined with the wear on front tires I'm pretty well convinced I need new shocks and while I'm at it a new steering dampner.

I run Bilstein shocks on my '87 Turbo Regal and love them so I'm thinking some Bilstein 5100's for the F-250. I'm curious, does anyone run the Bilstein 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shock Absorber and how do they work? Or would I be better off with the standard replacement Bilstein's?

#2 ·
Ive run the regular or maybe slightly older 5100s that are not adjustable and they do pretty good. I imagine the adjustable ones would be better. I think you would be happy with them. If you could jump to the 5160s, you would definitely be happy imo. My 5160s are quite a bit better than the 5100s but you pay for them.

I actually have my front 5100s for sale if you are interested. 10k or less on them. Pm me if you're interested

#7 ·
Been to a many parts sites, manufacturer sites and forums. Every forum seems to have the same questions about the 5100's but no definite answers.
Seems to be a lot of confusion on the Bilstein 5100 part numbers and if they'll work with no lift.

Best I can figure is:
Front 33-187297
Rear 24-186025
Damper 24-158848

Can anyone confirm?

#8 · (Edited)
I just went to bilsteins site. The part#'s you have listed are the ones for your truck stock. Front are stock to 2.5", rears are stock to 1".
You can get an eye to eye measurement and call Cary to confirm, but they should be right. I'm guessing that you have 2" rear blocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.