New front and rear shocks/springs with leveling kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 07:52 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New front and rear shocks/springs with leveling kit

Hey guys, I'm not great when it comes to suspension so I was looking for some advise. HAve an 02' F250 7.3 and its time for a new suspension all around. My truck is not pretty to say the least, so Im not looking for something that will cost me an arm and leg, basically just want something half way decent and low price. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
PM me I can help......
Old 06-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

Whatever you do, I sincerely believe that stacked blocks are a halfassed way to lift the rear. That being said, you can have a SOLID block with traction bars from Precision Metal Fab for not much more than the cost of traction bars.

PMF Single Traction Bar Kit

Traction bars and solid blocks, pretty snappy if you asked me.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:44 PM

What's wrong with the stock suspension?
You should be able to do a hanger kit up front and 4in blocks in the rear, or something of the sort.
I thought my springs were wore out, Cary told me its very rare but im stubborn. I bought new oem springs front and rear but didnt make a difference. I might have gained a half in but they should settle to the same. It was not really worth the cost but at least I know for sure now. If you were closer, id sell you mine. Shipping will kill it though.
For shocks, id probably just run the bilstein
5100s
Old 06-25-2013, 06:00 AM

truck is leaning to the driver's side pretty bad and just getting worse. Not sure if its my shocks or springs. But the shocks (front and rear ) are all rusted out. It has 270K on it, dont think they've ever been changed. I want to keep it stock height with a leveling kit. just looking for a low cost complete kit thats half way decent.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:02 AM

Can you post some pics? I imagine if the truck is leaning pretty good, its more than shocks. The shocks have nothing to do with the way the truck sits, they just control the suspension during driving.

If you need oem springs, best price is through tousley ford.
Im not sure what the cheapest route is, especially if your springs are shot.
X code front springs should put you about level but stiffens up the front end a tiny bit, not as bad as lift springs though. Being that you have an f250 you most likely have b code rear springs.
Front and rear springs would be approximately 850-900 shipped for all 4.
If you stick to oem springs (v code fr, b code rear); I would opt for a hanger kit over mini spring pack imo. You will also need an adj track bar and obviously shocks. I think your best bet on shock is probably the bilstein 5100s.
Either trevor at pmf or cary at ct performance would be my choices to get parts from.
I have never bought from Cary but I have talked to him numerous times. They are both great guys that know how to help you better than I.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:51 AM

I cant get the picts to upload, but you cant really tell in them anyway. I measured the wheel wells on both sides in the front and it is one inch lower on the driver's side. Im guessing a bad spring???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.