How much lift? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 01:01 AM
KCCO

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question How much lift?

So here is a dumb question for y'all, or rather an opinion asking question...

How much lift do you guys think is on my truck?

The deal is I recently bought the truck with the lift already on it and am curious as to whether or not it is 4" or 6". I have done some looking and reading and it is definitely a Procomp lift. The tires that are on it right now are 35" and have probably 80% tread. I have looked at the installation guide for the Procomp lift kit and if i was looking at it correctly, the 6" has a little extra rear "lift block" that gets added in the leaf pack. Well my truck doesn't have that. So that would lead me to think that it is only the 4" kit. However, my 1998 Chevy k2500 on 12" of lift sits just as high as my new . Do the Ford's really sit that high with only 4" of lift?

So with that said, how can I know for 100% certain, that my lift is either a 4" or 6" lift.

Here is a picture of how my truck looks and sits right now. I can get a couple other pictures if it helps.

Thanks for the opinions!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
From the pic I would say it's 6" minimum, possibly 8" but it may just be the angle. What you should do is measure the front from the top of the wheel well to the center of the hub and compare it to a stock truck. It looks like you have the old grill which would indicate you have a 03 or 04 with leaf springs in the front. If it's one of those years then you can compare it to a 99-04 as the suspension will be the same in the front.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:51 AM
KCCO

Correct my friend, it's an 03 with leafs and the worst riding vehicle I have ever ridden in. lol. I will take a measurment when I get home and post it up.

Any body else with a stock height truck able to post up their measurments so that I have a base number to compare to? I dont know anybody else with my body style f250/f350. I guess I could measure some random truck I see in a parking lot.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:41 AM
KCCO!!

I was unsure of mine as well when I purchased mine. Took it to an off-road shop and they took the serial number off the shock (it was painted) and looked it up. Depending on the shocks you are running, it should coincide with the lift you have. Make sense? I took the guy less than 2 minutes to figure it out.

CHIVE ON!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just ask one another ....same set ups for the years....

What is the height of frame over axle center line...

Post that and we can be for certain what lift you have.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:27 PM

There is no way that is a 4in lift, it sits way too high. Its a 6 or 8 and I really think its 8, at least in the rear.

I have 5 inches of blocks in the rear with 315s on 16in wheels and stock springs and its about level with the top of the wheel.
I have approx 5.5 in the front and the bottom of the door is pretty much at the same height as the wheel as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:07 AM
KCCO

Checking the shock serial/model number isn't a bad idea. That could get me close to figuring it out. Good call!

Thanks for the reply's guys, one way or another we are going to get to the bottom of this mystery. I measured from the center of my hub to the bottom lip of my front fender, and the distance is 31". The same measurement on the rear is 31.5". I will have to look at the Procomp website today and see if they offer an 8" option and then compare the instructions images to what my truck has and see. I guess I didn't even think that it would possibly be that high.

I'll be sure to post back and let everybody know what I discover.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:12 AM
KCCO

So I measured one of the contractors f350 at work. It's an 03, but not a diesel, I don't know if that matters.

But the measurements from that truck were 24.5" in the front and 27" in the rear.

Given that information I am guessing that its a 6" lift on my truck, and the previous owner just didn't have the extra block in the rear installed because they must have liked the nose high look, I dunno.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:30 AM

did u measure from a fixed point on the axle to a fixed point on the frame on both trucks ?

that takes the tires out of the measurement
Old 06-24-2013, 11:45 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I had this same predicament with my truck the PO told me it had 13 inches of lift and i sure believed it but then i got the urge to actually measure it and i measured it center of axle to top of bed rail and compared that to my dads 02 gasser and it was only 8 inches so i dont know where he was getting 13 inches i guess every guy exaggerates just a bit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.