Bilstein 2.25" Leveling Kit with 5100's and coils to replace 2.5 spacer...? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bilstein 2.25" Leveling Kit with 5100's and coils to replace 2.5 spacer...?

So my 05 has 136K miles and a 2.5" leveling spacer under the coil... The truck rides pretty rough on 35x12.5x18 M/Ts with 50psi in the tires (way worse with 60+)

SO I have had 5100 adjustables on a chevy that I liked in the past and found this kit that levels the truck 2.25" and comes with the 5100s and also new coils. Sweet price of 235.00 shipped!! Not bad if its a better ride! Surely the coils and stock 'ranchos' are due to be replaced anyway! I will do the back 2 later down the line.

Would this be a decent ride improvement?

I do plan to downsize to the 295/70/18 Nitto A/Ts when these M/Ts wear down but they wont be too much smaller... Maybe a smoother ride, less noice and 0.5MPG gain!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 PM

Buncha views, no tips?? LOL

If not this set up, what would be another good option without breaking the bank?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:54 PM

I do not have any answers for you but....
The rubber spacers should have no effect on the ride quality. Ive heard the rancho shocks suck on these trucks.
Ive heard good and bad about the 5100s. Ive run them without issue. I now have 5160s in the front and 5100s in the rear. The 5160s definitely ride better but cost approx $100 more ea.
Since you have an 05, you have a lot of options for your suspension.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:19 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You will also need castor shims and a adj track bar.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:37 PM

I think I have decided on 5100's all around and keeping the 2.5" spacer. I do not see a shock that is for my situation. I see the front shocks for 0-2" of lift then one for 4" but no in between.

I should be fine with 0-2" lift shock, right??

Thanks for the replies!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Serving Our Country!

The 5100's will definitely be better than the stock Rancho's. Put them on my 08 dually when I leveled it out. Amazing difference. There was a thread that had some additional information that might be good for you. Not sure how to link the thread on here but here is the html link.

Bilstein vs. Tuffcountry vs Icon 2" Leveling kit
Old 10-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOutlaw View Post
I think I have decided on 5100's all around and keeping the 2.5" spacer. I do not see a shock that is for my situation. I see the front shocks for 0-2" of lift then one for 4" but no in between.

I should be fine with 0-2" lift shock, right??

Thanks for the replies!
I would craigslist the spacers. The bilssteins level out our f150s real nice, don't c why they wouldn't be good for the 250. I don't like the idea of spacers. I know its a youtube infomercial, but check this out... :

It makes a lot of sense.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:59 PM

I have an 05 F250 6.0 that I'm going to level in the next couple months. Still having a hard time choosing what the hell I'm going to do yet though.

Narrowed it down to the Bilstein and an Icon, cause I'm starting to think 2.5" will look better.

I just found a kit from PerformanceTruckProducts, which I'm leaning towards. Comes with the Icon 2.5" leveling coils, you can choose whether you don't want the Bilstein shocks, just fronts or front and rear 5100's, an Icon adjustable trac bar, coil spacer(not sure why you'd want one if you're getting leveling coils?), the Icon dual steering stabilizer, adjustment cams and the option for no blocks or 4 or 5" rear blocks, which 4 and 5 inch seem ridiculous for a 2.5" level.

What I'll probably do is get this kit, with just the coils, adjustment cams, bilstien 5100's all the way around, comes out to be 795. Gonna do the F350 rear blocks.

Not sure if I need to get an adjustable trac bar or not, I've read through tons of threads stating you don't need one for a leveling kit and I've read some saying you do.. That being said my whole trac bar assembly has about 1.5k miles on it so I'm not sure if I need it or not..

I've thought about doing the Bilstein dual steering stabilizer as I'd be going up to 35's, but once again I've read it's not needed unless like 37"+ tires and I've read of people using with stock format to 35" tires and having good results..
Old 10-06-2013, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOutlaw View Post
SO I have had 5100 adjustables on a chevy that I liked in the past and found this kit that levels the truck 2.25" and comes with the 5100s and also new coils. Sweet price of 235.00 shipped!!
That is an amazing deal, where did you find that?
Old 10-06-2013, 04:48 AM

Amazon if I recall. I will check my saved pages when I return home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.