Readylift Leveling Kits - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Readylift Leveling Kits

I have a Readylift 2.5" leveling kit on order and it will be installed Wednesday. I believe it's the stage 3 kit. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these kits? Pros and Cons?

I see that Carli is pretty well endorsed here, but I had honestly never heard of them until I saw the posts on this forum (after the readylift was ordered).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 08:28 AM

Pros... Low cost, easy installation, straightforward planning since you're not replacing anything, nothing in the kit is a moving part so pretty much nothing to break.

Cons... Since you're not replacing anything it doesn't really improve the suspension, just adds a metal chunk so that you can clear tires.

I have the 3.5" right now, does the trick, but I'm already looking at getting a full suspension replacement kit. But the difference is hundreds of dollars for the level kit versus thousands of dollars for the suspension replacement kit.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thats pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. Its a new truck with a lot of warranty left so I dont want to be replacing anything at this point. My tires already clear, barely, but I wanted to add a little height just for looks.

Just wanted to make sure nobody here had any problems with the kit before I got it put on.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It really comes down to what you're looking for. If you want a higher ride height and very similar to stock ride, they will suffice as that's exactly what they are designed to provide and they do it for a relatively low cost.

Our systems (Carli) provide better than stock handling characteristics that improve as you move up our line-up. Our kits are also all-inclusive. No one else provides caster correction shims, brake line relocation tabs, and an adjustable track bar to re-correct your steering after the lift.

I checked out the ready-lift and its a bit odd that they include a drop for your track bar but do not address the pitman arm. Changing your suspension angle and your steering angle is the sole cause of bump steer.

Good luck with your build!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah. I think I'm going to be satisfied with it. When I got the truck 2 months ago I opted for an extended full coverage warranty, and now I'm partially regretting it because I can't do much to the truck without voiding my coverage.

Once it's up I'll likely upgrade several things, and a better lift is one of them, but that's 3-4 years down the road.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

For anyone who is interested:

I got the ReadyLift stage 3 2.5" leveling kit put on today and I'm very happy. After measuring I got almost 2.5" of lift and I'm still about 1/2" lower in the front and the truck looks great. The handling and ride quality is the same as it was before, and I'm perfectly happy with that. I'm sure I could have found something a little better, but no matter what you do there's always something a little better, right?

Also, the kit was $600 and I had it put on and realigned for $225 at the dealership. It seemed simple enough that I probably could have done it myself, but I wanted to make sure there was no wiggle room when it came to effecting my warranty, plus I don't have a free weekend anytime soon.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
It really comes down to what you're looking for. If you want a higher ride height and very similar to stock ride, they will suffice as that's exactly what they are designed to provide and they do it for a relatively low cost.

Our systems (Carli) provide better than stock handling characteristics that improve as you move up our line-up. Our kits are also all-inclusive. No one else provides caster correction shims, brake line relocation tabs, and an adjustable track bar to re-correct your steering after the lift.

I checked out the ready-lift and its a bit odd that they include a drop for your track bar but do not address the pitman arm. Changing your suspension angle and your steering angle is the sole cause of bump steer.

Good luck with your build!
I am looking at the Carli kit but was wondering if you recommend replacing the trac bar ball joint and the spring isolators while installing this kit.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorindad View Post
I am looking at the Carli kit but was wondering if you recommend replacing the trac bar ball joint and the spring isolators while installing this kit.
No need, the coil isolators are great from the factory and track bar ball joint should be replaced when it's worn but no need to do it preliminary!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
No need, the coil isolators are great from the factory and track bar ball joint should be replaced when it's worn but no need to do it preliminary!
Thanks for the reply I am going over to Strapt Performance this afternoon to order the leveling kit.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorindad View Post
Thanks for the reply I am going over to Strapt Performance this afternoon to order the leveling kit.
Very cool! Talk to Radio, the other owner, Craig, is probably recovering from a long day yesterday! He went to Baja with us and drove from central baja to Phoenix last night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.