How many miles on your dyna trac ball joints? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How many miles on your dyna trac ball joints?

Well it is time to replace ball joints on my 08 ford. I was wondering how many miles people have on their dyna trac ball joints? Are you happy with them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That's what is going in my truck this month. I've had OEM, Moog and due to the roads I drive on all only last a few years. Also DynaTrac are rebuildable.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-22-2013, 07:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think I have about 30k on mine now.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:27 AM

Not many miles at all. But they are the best (and most expensive) option available.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:29 AM
7.3 4 Ever! Nothing else!

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I have 168,000 on my original OEM motorcraft ball joins and drag links!
Old 05-22-2013, 09:08 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
We sell them....PM me if I can help.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Doh! I didn't know you carried ball joints! Installing the shocks I got from you is when I discovered my bad ball joints, I hope I don't have to do that job again anytime soon
Old 05-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Good to know Cary. I'll be emailing you soon for some for my Ex

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Guys, based on the lack of responses running these balljoints I can not justify the high price for them. As I searched mulitple sites seems like everyone has 30k or less miles. Hell I got 100k out of my stockers. I was cruising the Dodge sites and they are running McQuay Norris extreme ball joints. I can buy three sets of the M-N for the price of one set of DynaTracs. If DynaTracs would be under $500, I would have bought them and I bet they would sell 4 times as many ball joints. I do not doubt they are a great ball joint, also when they do wear out they do not warranty them, you have to buy the rebuild kit. Seems like a pretty good gimmick to me.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldwcj View Post
Guys, based on the lack of responses running these balljoints I can not justify the high price for them. As I searched mulitple sites seems like everyone has 30k or less miles. Hell I got 100k out of my stockers. I was cruising the Dodge sites and they are running McQuay Norris extreme ball joints. I can buy three sets of the M-N for the price of one set of DynaTracs. If DynaTracs would be under $500, I would have bought them and I bet they would sell 4 times as many ball joints. I do not doubt they are a great ball joint, also when they do wear out they do not warranty them, you have to buy the rebuild kit. Seems like a pretty good gimmick to me.
No gimmicks, I can assure you. Fact is, a quality part takes quality materials, R&D and continually bettering the product to remain on top. As they say, it's easier to become the best than be the best. Our ball joints are regarded as the highest quality part on the Dodge market (Dynatrac coming in second) and cannot be beat in strength, wear or sheer size by any of our competition and it costs us more to make the joints than McQuay Norris sells theirs for. This isn't to say they're a bad joint, but they're not the last joint you'll buy like our are but that comes at a cost.

We're a small company and we offer a lifetime warranty given our mating surfaces are hardened chromoly, no bearings to wear out. The way dynatrac makes their joints, they're much stronger than stock but utilize a bearing in the upped and bearings wear out. Given their design, you can plan on replacing bearings when they fail but it will be a long time before they do.

I can assure you the quality control at companies like us (Carli) and Dynatrac is far more involved than huge manufacturers like Moog. We're proud of the products we sell and cannot afford to warranty even 5% of the joints that leave our facility so we take measures to ensure that doesn't happen.

Not chiming in to tell you to buy or not buy Dynatracs, just giving you the perspective of a manufacturer of a similar size selling a similar product. Again, this is all in the Dodge market but take it for what it's worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.