06 f350 2" spacer blocks install tips and tricks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
06 f350 2" spacer blocks install tips and tricks

This weekend i will be installing my leveling kit 2" spring spacers in the front anybody have any advice on what to do how to go about it. Also I have the fx4 package will my stock shocks be ok for a while. Will I need an alignment afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 AM
Banned

The only advice I would give you is don't listen to the directions when they say leave the tires on the truck. If you take the tires off the job will be much easier. I think it took me less than 2 hrs by myself so it's not that bad of a job. A lot of people claim that the FX4 Rancho shocks will work but mine were exactly 2" short with the full weight of the truck on the suspension. As for an alignment, I have yet to do it myself and tire wear has been fine but it should be re-aligned and you will notice some handling issues if you don't.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:41 AM

Ok here we go.....You need to get 2 jacks....some blocks of wood.....I left my tires on incase it came off the jacks...unhook your anti swaybar..unbolt your shockes...unhook your brake line retainer so you have more slack... I marked the spring,the rubber spacer and the sapring perch before getting the spring free....I jacked the truck up from the frame in front of the axle.....jack the front up even till the springs start to come free...put jack stands under frame....Now I worked on one side at a time...getting the spring free is easy but you may need to put a little pressure on the tire to get the spacer in...You may need to lean the top of the spring out just a hair to get it all started..let that side down onto jack stand and repeat on other side..remember to reattach everything ...and yes the shocks are long enough...Good luck...
Old 03-07-2008, 11:35 AM

Thank you guys I think Im going to need a bigger jack and stands.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:17 PM

I used 2 bottle jacks and several peices of 2x6 and some 6x6 after ya get it on the stands you can use both jacks on one side ..after one is maxed put blocks under the other and go till its maxed and repeat..took me about 2 hours in my buddies drive way..did that bigger blocks in rear and put in my gooseneck hitch, all in one afternoon by myself...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.