2" wheel spacers please shoot straight - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 05:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2" wheel spacers please shoot straight

Wanting to put late model wheels on my 01. Steel spacers are $700 to the door, aluminum are $230 to $250 to the door. $700 plus the cost of the late model wheels and tires almost kills the idea of going with the late model wheels.
How many guys have had a aluminum spacer fail? What were they towing or hauling or off roading or just normal driving?
Is there anyone else that makes a steel spacer that is more affordable?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Premium Member

I know some people frown on the aluminum spacers but I run them on my 04 so I could use a set of 2010 18" wheels. I just pulled them and checked them this evening after towing @ 11000 lbs. Could not see any problems! So far I have been very happy with them. Make sure you get hub centric spacers!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-06-2013, 06:39 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

Try arrow craft or wheeladapter.com. I run Fred's, and they are steel with grade 12 studs...know a friend on here(mudrunninpig) also running his spacers and tows 16k with them on the front and between the rears on his dually. I would never run aluminum spacers with the weight of our trucks and the torque they produce.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 05-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Serving Our Country!

Not sure if youve already purchased spacers but i have aluminum spacers on my truck to run 05 wheels. I have had one spacer fail but i am convinced that it was due to lug nuts not being tight enough and the wheel sheared off all the studs. no damage to the aluminum what so ever. i purchased a new spacer and checked all the rest of mine and have zero problems since then, i also tow, push snow, do whatever, use my truck for what it was intended for daily and am confident in the construction of my spacers.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Never seen one fail and seen them used plenty. The grade of studs more important than steel versus aluminum spacer. Avoid the no-name eBay ones unless the studs stamped grade 8. You need to recheck the tightness of the spacer after 100 miles and again once in awhile. On a previous truck with aluminum spacer I broke the axle and ripped the unit bearing in half and the wheel hub broke off- the spacer wheel connection was fine so that tells me that connection stronger than the rest of the front end. It will wear out wheel bearings quick if you combine with high offset wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.