best way 8in to 4in... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
best way 8in to 4in...

got a complete front/ rear 8 in spring lift by superlift and I can't take tire prices and not fitting anywhere...

I sold all my oem stuff so...

should i buy rear springs and opt for a 4in block lift in the rear or buy another kit and sell my 8 in kit any advice on lowering truck to fit only 35's??

thx I have been researching and it's so much money...

thought about buying oem rear spriong from a ford wrecking yard and going from there...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
got a complete front/ rear 8 in spring lift by superlift and I can't take tire prices and not fitting anywhere...

I sold all my oem stuff so...

should i buy rear springs and opt for a 4in block lift in the rear or buy another kit and sell my 8 in kit any advice on lowering truck to fit only 35's??

thx I have been researching and it's so much money...

thought about buying oem rear spriong from a ford wrecking yard and going from there...

There's many ways....
For the rear you need to figure out how much lift you're getting from spring and how much lift you're getting from a block. From there find out where you want to be at. Many combinations include: oem springs and aftermarket block, oem springs and hanger/shackle drop, aftermarket springs, and any other arrangement you can think of.
For the front you can go with aftermarket springs or do a hanger shackle drop with oem springs
Old 04-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Serving Our Country!

i gothca...

so found a zone 4 in lift kit for 809... they might offer a military discount and a set of oem springs for 150 for the rear pair...

I don't know if I can find the right combination of shackles, brackets, springs in a timely manner but I can't afford 1200 for superlift and i scrwed the pooch when i sold all my oem stuff haha.

Think the zone kit any good? and i could sell my full 8 in spring lift for around 600ish?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had a ZONE 6" lift on my previous truck, 2007 GMC sierra...had it for over 2 years,
had zero issues and rode better than stock.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Serving Our Country!

k I called they do not offer a military discount but 809.00 plus shipping and I recently found a kit on ntwonline they sell a suspensionspecial 4in lift kit for diesel model of 04 f350 709.00 shipped has everything and a lifetime manufature defect warrnty complete.

anyone use a suspension special from ntwonline or suspensionspecial lift on their diesel?

thx for all input as well.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:53 PM

You don't need a new kit if you're trying to save money. Find a set of oem rear springs and buy a block to get your rear where you want. Trevor at Precision Metal Fabrication can help with that. Then buy you some 4" front springs and call it good.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Serving Our Country!

found a ford scrap yard about 45min north said depending on my spring code on side of door. oem rear spring for 75 each... but wouldn't I have to buy new sway bar bracket's and bushings etc...

I have been scavenging scraigslist for about a month now and can never find pairs of stuff just pieces of different brands lifts lol
Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinOOO9 View Post
found a ford scrap yard about 45min north said depending on my spring code on side of door. oem rear spring for 75 each... but wouldn't I have to buy new sway bar bracket's and bushings etc...

I have been scavenging scraigslist for about a month now and can never find pairs of stuff just pieces of different brands lifts lol

Ebay has tons of junkyard items in great condition. There's also several websites that allow you to search junkyards local to you. If $800 is a doable price for you, go with the Zone kit. Leaf spring bushings are pretty easy to eyeball the condition and I'm no sure on the swaybar bracket. Cary at CT Performance carries great springs for your truck. Give him a call, he can get you lowered and your ride great
Old 05-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Serving Our Country!

any info on the specific ct performance sent an email to one and it was wrong one lol...
Old 05-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cary is very knowledgable

email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: Home Introduction only, they want personal contact to insure you get only what you need.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.