Lift or no lift ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lift or no lift ?

Hey guys i am brand new to the forum so I have a few questions...
I am looking into lifting (possibly) my new truck. Its a 2013 F-350 Platinum SRW, 4x4,3.55 locker, short bed. I would like to know the best lift kits as far as warranty goes and durability. Now i would also need a kit that can tow just as well as stock. Im thinking a 4-6" max. I have looked into carli and the 4.5 coil over with the long travel air bags, full replacement rear springs, hellwing sway bars and icon 4 link radius are replacement. Now I like BDS warranty but I just really want something i cant go off road with then when Monday come haul the 5th wheel and 7 tons hay to town. Please any input would be awesome ! One other question...Does anyone make air bags for just a 4" lift ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
for towing i'd say 4" max and get air bags to help keep your truck level... honestly i'd do like a 2" leveling kit and 35" tires.. and firestone airbags in the rear.. that should give you 3-4 inchs more ground clearance atleast
Old 04-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks

I like the 4" lift look but I need to know who builds the best kit for that size that can still tow the weight.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Some of the best lifts are ICON, and Carli. They are pricey too. I looked at a ICON 4.5 Stage 3, with OUO Arms and OUO traction bars and thats gonna set me back over 5K just for the lift. Not counting wheels and tires.

But you also, get what you pay for.

Im in the process of taking care of some cosmetic things first, Hid's, Spyder Headlights, painted bumpers, and stereo. Gonna wait til factory tires wear out before I jump for a lift kit.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

what does carli's warranty look like ?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin Redneck View Post
what does carli's warranty look like ?
Lifetime warranty on all hardparts, 90 days on wear items (bushings/heims) and Shocks are warrantied by King/Bilstein, and leaf springs by Deaver. We've yet to have an unhappy customer with our warranty.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
I am looking into lifting (possibly) my new truck. Its a 2013 F-350 Platinum SRW, 4x4,3.55 locker, short bed. I would like to know the best lift kits as far as warranty goes and durability. Now i would also need a kit that can tow just as well as stock. Im thinking a 4-6" max. I have looked into carli and the 4.5 coil over with the long travel air bags, full replacement rear springs, hellwing sway bars and icon 4 link radius are replacement. Now I like BDS warranty but I just really want something i cant go off road with then when Monday come haul the 5th wheel and 7 tons hay to town. Please any input would be awesome ! One other question...Does anyone make air bags for just a 4" lift ?
I would ditch the rear sway bar and the 4-link. The 4 link will free the front end too much and cause sway. Our systems operate VERY well with the factory radius arms. The rear sway bar won't allow you to take advantage of the 12" of rear wheel travel you're gaining with out system. If you run the Long Travel Airbags, run them each with their own schrader and the individually controlled pressures will be all the stability you need in the rear.

The durability of our parts is second to none and our warranty reflects that. Any parts produced by Carli (fabricated parts) carry a lifetime warranty so long as they were properly installed with a Carli Suspension system and we use the top manufacturers in the industry (King, Bilstien, Deaver) to produce the items to our specifications that aren't manufactured in house. Their warranties reflect the quality of their parts!

Good luck with your build!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Based on your wants and needs I would stick with a 4" kit. That's about the max that I would suggest for a truck that is going to tow a 5'er or goosneck.

I would also skip th coilover kit and run the Pintop kit. It rides the same and has a little more travel up front. The main advantage to the coilover kit is the ability to add the optional front bypass shocks. This is for the guys who are going to drive their trucks to within an inch of it's life on a regular basis.

I would also skip the Hellwig sway bars. By adding stiffer sway bars you are only going to ruin some of the ride improvement that you are going to get from a kit like that. The addition of the Carli LT bags will add a lot of stability in the rear for heavy loads like that.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
I would ditch the rear sway bar and the 4-link. The 4 link will free the front end too much and cause sway. Our systems operate VERY well with the factory radius arms. The rear sway bar won't allow you to take advantage of the 12" of rear wheel travel you're gaining with out system. If you run the Long Travel Airbags, run them each with their own schrader and the individually controlled pressures will be all the stability you need in the rear.

The durability of our parts is second to none and our warranty reflects that. Any parts produced by Carli (fabricated parts) carry a lifetime warranty so long as they were properly installed with a Carli Suspension system and we use the top manufacturers in the industry (King, Bilstien, Deaver) to produce the items to our specifications that aren't manufactured in house. Their warranties reflect the quality of their parts!

Good luck with your build!
How well does your truck tow ?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

My truck has a pintop 2.5" leveling system and the rear is 1.5" taller than the rear. it tows AWESOME. Full spring and the 4.5" wouldn't tow as good as unless it had long travel airbags.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
air bags, bds, carli, lift, towing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.