14" lift in progress - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
14" lift in progress

Changed out front Procomp 4" leaf springs for Icon 8" leaf springs. Everything went extremely smooth and had it all bolted back together within 2 hours.....Then I realized my lower actuator rod on my front leverage link system was too short and my shocks were under no load. The upper actuator rod was under a bind so I had to disconnect the rods. I let each joint out halfway and gained 1.5" but it's still not enough.

After 5 hours of working on the front we decided to call it a day. I need a longer lower rod so I'll be calling to see if any machine shops are open on the weekend. Rize is closed on the weekend so no help there.

I'm installing 9.5" PMF traction blocks in the rear tomorrow. I had plenty of time to do it today but the dang UPS man screwed me again. He ended up dropping my packages off at 7:30pm! 5 hours later than I've ever seen him come by here! I'll upload some pictures of the fine delivery work they do. I haven't received a single package from them that wasn't busted up and they kept their record going. I received 4 boxes today and EVERY SINGLE ONE had holes, dents, tears, etc. Good thing Trevor packs them so well, my silver powdercoat didn't get scraped

The last 2 pictures are of it sitting on the ground with the rear on jack stands. It's HUGE, much taller than I was expecting. I'm 6'8" and can barely touch the top of the cab!

Some more bad news... I checked my balljoints before we started and I'm starting to get some play in them. O Joy

Last edited by bigred3297; 04-29-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 05:56 PM

any advantage of having shock mounts like that up front? vs just straight up shock
Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 PM

looking good! hardest part for the rear is going to be the drilling of the frame for the traction bar mount and his new style looks a lot easier then the older set up.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 897.3alltheway! View Post
any advantage of having shock mounts like that up front? vs just straight up shock
Honestly, it's a lot smoother on the highway than any other superduty I've owned. Not sure how the setup makes it ride like that but Rize claims it as the smoothest riding highway suspension. Anything other than cruising on highway is just a rough as stock. Potholes still suck as does rough trail roads. Seeing as its lifted and sitting on 38's I'm happy with it riding like stock. It means the kit works well sideways
Old 04-27-2013, 07:14 AM

Nice setup Post pics of the rear when your done.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

She is gonna be a beast! How close did the powder coat match? Glad UPS didnt ding anything up!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
She is gonna be a beast! How close did the powder coat match? Glad UPS didnt ding anything up!
Thanks Trevor! The powder coat matched perfect, I couldn't believe it. I also couldn't stop admiring your products.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:50 PM

UPS' handywork on one of the boxes. The ends torn open and all the packing peanuts were gone. Holes down the side as well

Here's the good stuff

Old 04-27-2013, 09:00 PM

I only had a couple hours to work on the truck today so I threw the blocks on. I was happy that my measurements came out right and the truck is sitting level. The absolute best thing out of this is that the truck rides AMAZING now. Replacing the front leaf springs did wonders. I didn't drive it far because I didn't want to risk binding the front but I'm excited to get a better drive when the front end is complete. Also, I can crank my tires full lock and no rubbing!

Next up is attaching the traction bars, replacing the lower rod in front, centering my steering wheel, and alignment

Old 04-29-2013, 03:43 PM

Spend the money and pick up a set of dynatrac's ball joints....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.