installing 6" lift and i need some advice. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
installing 6" lift and i need some advice.

hi, im installing my own lift and ive ran into some problems as expected. i guess i need to extend my brake lines with this kit correct? its a 6.5" pro comp all spring lift. next, my shocks installed fine in the front but they are like 4 inches short in the back for some reason, do i loosen the lower shock bracket and rotate it up to get the mount right? instructions don't say anything about this. also, i have a pic below of how i think my rear spring all goes together, just curious if the aluminum block is for sure i piece i need. the way the instructions show it looks as it belongs there.do i need to get my front drive shaft lengthened, or does someone make a spacer to go on the flange or something to extend it.
on the front sway bar links, the instructions say to reuse the oem links, the ones in the kit are longer and would make the sway bar more parellel with the ground. im a newbie as this stuff and i just want my truck right when im done.

Thanks for any help guys!!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

your front d'shaft should be ok, u may have the front and rear shocks mixed up, as far as the rear setup I've never seen that much stuff stacked up, especially an all spring lift, you can lower the brake line brackets and be ok, I've installed lifts that have you move the sway bar link brackets under the frame then use the longer links. Hope this helps, I've never installed a pro comp on the F250, just jeeps
Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would take one of the blocks out, that should help the shock fit, also decrease spring wrap and driveline shudders... stacked blocks just isn't the best way to go!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
im with marty... take out the stock blocks....
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
I would take one of the blocks out, that should help the shock fit, also decrease spring wrap and driveline shudders... stacked blocks just isn't the best way to go!
yeah I deff second that. You got too many blocks in the rear. As far as the brake lines go. My truck is on a pro comp 4" lift and I know for sure I could add at least 2 1/2 more inches maybe just 2" more lift and keep my stock brake lines. I took the bracket and kinda bent it down and I have alot of slack let in the brake lines. In your 2nd picture with the rear set up. You are running out of thread on your U bolts. Take that factory block outta there. Try that out and if you run into any other problems and you wanna talk to someone on the phone about it (i think that way is easier, especially trying to explain a situation) you can shoot me a call if you want. 848 992 2262. Take it easy hope you can work it out.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:48 PM

if it's a true all spring lift it was designed to be used with the STOCK rear block, which has the correct lineup holes, dowel pin, bump stop and also correct spacing (height)for truck stance
Old 01-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thats why im asking u guys that have had experience, nice to know im heading in the right direction with my original opinion on the setup. the front directions were really good, but there directions for the back kinda suck. the schematic is horrible and confusing to me that why i have got to this stage. im gonna call pro comp tomorrow. the threads are short because i haven't snugged anything down its all finger tight because i didn't think it was right.
also, has anyone had trouble getting there pitman off, i have been trying ot get mine off with no luck, a correct puller and 3/4" drive impact would move it, i know not to heat it but penatrating oil aint working. any advice on that???
thanks a ton guys!!!!

here is a pic of my sway bar links i dont like,
thanks a ton guys!!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

also did u guys use the overload spring on your lifts???
Old 01-27-2008, 06:13 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
should not have to mess with brake lines...we put the same lift on my friends dually no issues...def. take a block out should only be using the factory block.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I put the same lift on that you have. I had the same problem as you with the shocks turns out theres front shocks and rear shocks rears are longer. i didnt use the block they sent with the kit just used the stock one. I used the longer sway bar links. As for the pitman arm i used a cuttin wheel and cut a groove almost all the way through to releave some of the tension and it came right off. Good luck truck looks good from the pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.