Seen slapper bars on a SD today - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 12:30 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Seen slapper bars on a SD today

So i have been interested in getting some anti wrap or traction bars for my 05 f350 and have been keeping my eyes open for what others are running. Today I'm driving down the road and in front of me is a nice looking f250, catch up to it and look, he had old school traction bars, slapper bars on it. The kind that you would see under a camaro or mustang. The type that just mounts to the leafs with a rubber bumper on them. I tried to get a picture but he turned off abruptly just as i was getting out my phone. My question is, would these hold up on a super duty? Would they even make a difference? Sure would be a lot cheaper than the OUO bars I've had my eyes on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Premium Member

Slapper bars on a Souper Doody, that's funny.

I threw on a set of Pro-Comp bars and they worked out well in the sand, truck pulls, and hauling (70s 3/4 ton truck to the truck pulls). I can do boosted 2HI launches now without feeling like the truck wants to swap ends on me.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:58 AM

I've looked at the pro comps too. Did you use the their mounting kit or fab something up on your own? The ones i seen on that other truck are like these...Seen slapper bars on a SD today-1364399813884.jpg
I just don't know how these could work on a big truck. Hmm!
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't know how you'd mount them with the springs over the axle like our 4x4's are set up. They would go on a 2wd though. I'm real happy with my PMF's.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Premium Member

I used their mounting brackets:

2003 FORD F-250 SUPER DUTY Pro Comp Suspension Systems Traction Bar Mounting Kits - SummitRacing.com

I don't know if they would "fit" your truck, but these are probably the bars that you saw, they are old school slapper bars for axle under springs.

Lakewood Traction Bars for Trucks 21715 - SummitRacing.com

Tuff Country makes an over ride traction bar, but the obvious draw back is that it will interfere with your over load mounts.

FORD F 250 SUPER DUTY Tuff Country Traction Bars 20995 - SummitRacing.com
Old 03-27-2013, 09:05 AM

Those lakewood bars were the style he had on there. I like how those pmf bars look.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Premium Member

If these Pro-Comp bars fold up, we're going to fab something up like those PMF ladder bars. Those are pretty bad a$$.

The problem that I see with the Lakewood slapper bar is that they aren't going to work well with a lift block OUT OF THE BOX. By the time that you get done "modifying" them to work, you may as well fab up a set of real traction bars.

Last edited by Karls03; 03-27-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.