complete kit or make my own lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
complete kit or make my own lift

I am looking at lifting my 2000 f250 crew 4in and level would be nice. I've been looking online at kits and prefer rear leafs instead of blocks. however I dont want to spend much more then 1k. those kits are around $1500 for rear leaf complete kits. Is it cheaper to make my own kit ordering individual parts and if so what parts exactly will i need for 4". thanks Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 PM

I did a Rough Country 4" up front for about 5 or 600 dollars. You need the leafs, shocks, and adjustable trac bar or extended brackets for track bar. I have airbags in the rear so I didn't do anything to the rear but I'm sure you could find f-350 blocks for cheap for the rear instead of springs.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Typically kits are the best way to go. There are other options though that I have been researching.
You may want to talk to Cary from CTperformance, He is pretty knowledgeable about suspensions for our trucks while maintaining a good ride. He is a sponsor here. If you do not want to stiffen your ride, do not go with a lift kit.
You will probably want to look into a hanger kit or mini spring packs. Whatever you do, please do not double stack the rear blocks and do not ever put blocks in the front.

I personally would never go with a rear block higher than the tallest factory block. I am not sure what the talles is though. 3-4". 4" to me is borderline. I would also stick to a factory blocks or something like the OUO or PMF blocks, not the typical ones the likt kits usually come with.
$1000 budget for a full lift kit may be pushing it, especially if you want all new springs; thats the most expensive part of the system usually.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Premium Member

Re: complete kit or make my own lift

A little of both. If the kit calls for stacking the blocks, then REPLACE them with a single block equal to the combined height.

I think OUO makes tall blocks that double as traction bar mounts. This is the only safe way to run a tall block.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 03-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

Ive priced them many ways when i was looking for mine and the kit won every time. Some companys will let u get a get and remove some of the stuff u dont need or want to make it a little cheaper.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would keep the stock springs as they will provide the best ride quality..4.5" hanger lift will get you the height you want.

Quality is never cheap and cheap is just that.

PM me if I can help.

cary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.