Is the price right? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is the price right?

I have been talking to a shop about getting a lift kit new rims and tires. They quoted me 5700+tax for an 8 inch rough country suspension lift, 20x9 XD Addict wheels and 37" nitto trail grapplers. Does this sound about right? The 5700 includes parts and labor. Also would this look alright? Would 37s fill in the 8 inch lift?
Powerstokin is offline  
post #2 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstokin View Post
I have been talking to a shop about getting a lift kit new rims and tires. They quoted me 5700+tax for an 8 inch rough country suspension lift, 20x9 XD Addict wheels and 37" nitto trail grapplers. Does this sound about right? The 5700 includes parts and labor. Also would this look alright? Would 37s fill in the 8 inch lift?
Well you figure a new set of 20" rims are gonna run you 1500-2000 and 37 in tires are another 1200ish and so that leaves about 2200-2700 left for the lift and those get costly plus generally $75/hr for labor, your in the ball park id say. Really depends on your location as well

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Well you figure a new set of 20" rims are gonna run you 1500-2000 and 37 in tires are another 1200ish and so that leaves about 2200-2700 left for the lift and those get costly plus generally $75/hr for labor, your in the ball park id say. Really depends on your location as well
I thought it sounded about right too just wanted to check. Do you think 37s on an 8 inch lift will look good?
Powerstokin is offline  
post #4 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Chapter Director

 
Rammstein1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,931
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstokin View Post
I thought it sounded about right too just wanted to check. Do you think 37s on an 8 inch lift will look good?
Well i have 44s on an 8 in lift but i also have cutout fender flares so 37s look ridiculous on my truck but with no flares and stock wheel wells it should look good

Local Jackass member Pat

Battle cry of every 6.0 owner out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by access_max View Post
With the issues fixed a 6.0 can run circles around a 7.3.
2000 F-350 7.3L ZF6
Standard 7.3 mods
SCT tuned
8" Fabtech lift 13" total
5:13 Gears
46" Goodyear MVTs Military takeoffs
Bushwacker Cut-Out Fender Flares
Ranch Hand front and rear bumper
On-board air W/Semi horns

1995 F-350 7.3L E4OD DRW
Standard 7.3 mods
PHP Hydra W/Tony Wildman tunes
160/0 Injectors
T-500 HPOP
E-fuel Conversion
West Coast mirrors
Rammstein1224 is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 07:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
goosegodz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.W. Ontario
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm in the process of putting a Carli pintop, fuel wheels and 37 toyo m/t's on my 2013 and i'm sitting around $8300 Cnd with install......

2013 F250 6.7 ccsb,Carli Pintop 4.5, FUEL Offroad Octane Rims, Toyo MT's 37, Smittybilt light Bar, Rigid D2's, Rigid 20" LED

goosegodz is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wellington Nevada
Posts: 8,703
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 42 Times in 41 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
OP....What year is your truck? if its a 99-04 rough country earned its name...much better riding kits available.
CT Performance, Inc. is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my neighbor just paid $5k out the door for the same thing you are wanting from a ford dealership here in phx. although i dont know what brand of lift it is
MonsterBilly is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome