New Shocks to Level/Lift Truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Shocks to Level/Lift Truck

I'm kinda new to this sort of thing. I have a 2001 F250 7.3 4x4 and I'm looking to level out or add just a slight 2" lift to my truck. I also am interested in replacing all my shocks to Bilstein or another high quality after market shock. Is there any kits that do this? I have seen many different ways to lift/level a truck and I'm confused on what route to take. Any feedback would be appreciated! Just looking for a little bit more aggressive on my new power wagon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
here are three people who can acheive this for you very easily

no specific order ....

8 lug truck gear ( george )
Precision Metal Fab ( trevor )
CT Perfomance ( cary )

all trhee now the stuff in suspensions,

you can go a couple of routes,

1. under the spring MINI PAK, thie will lift, but retain axle to frame distance for stock shock applications.

2. shackle / hanger kit, this lowers the mounting placement of the factory springs, ths warrants same ride as stock, but shocks will need to be longer

3. replacement leafs, either X code factory (plow package springs ), or aftermarket.

any way you choose, these guys can set you up with all that is needed.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is there any drawbacks to doing a hanger/shackle kit? I've seen a few with some shock replacements that I was interested in. I still think I prefer a shackle kit with Bilstein 5100 shocks. Is that a good idea?
Old 03-04-2013, 05:29 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i would say yes, it should net the best ride, IF you currently like the ride of the stock springs....

the 5100 is a little stiff for some, but i like them. nice handling and feel, but not harsh. and way better than ANY white body shock.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:06 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Best ride quality is always from a Hanger kit as it retains the factory spring and allows more suspension travel. You will need longer shocks and a adj track bar.

we have all, PM if I can help.

Cary
Old 03-14-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Performance, Inc. View Post
Best ride quality is always from a Hanger kit as it retains the factory spring and allows more suspension travel. You will need longer shocks and a adj track bar.

we have all, PM if I can help.

Cary

Cary, im looking for the same setup as this guy....can you shoot me a PM on with a quote please with Bilstien 5100's. All I have now is stock suspension and STOCK shocks with 33" Mud Terrains.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Are you just wanting shocks or a complete hanger kit? size tires you want to run?

If Send me a PM with year and what you want....and the installed length measurement bolt to bolt of the shocks with the truck on the ground if just shocks, I like to insure correct fitment.

Last edited by CT Performance, Inc.; 03-14-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey, not sure if you ordered anything already but... I just put on Pro Comp 22210 2" level springs, Zone adjustable track bar, and Bilstein 5100 shocks. I couldn't be happier. The ride is firm and controlled without being jarring at all. I gained noticeable travel and flex, too. Mine is a 2000 7.3 F350 so pretty much the same as yours but mine is 1" taller in back. The small extra cost is worth it in my opinion. To answer your question (instead of trying to sell you stuff) Yes, there are drawbacks to a hanger shackle kit. It rotates your axle backward slightly which changes the angle that your front drive shaft comes into your front differential (probably not a big deal). You will have "hangers" hanging down noticeably behind your wheels (not a big deal). You will still have your old, stock leaf springs (a big deal to me). If your front leaf springs are less than an inch from the bump stops then they are sagging. I would say that instead of spending money patching up the old stuff, you could spend a bit more and get brand new stuff.

Last edited by RexF350; 04-01-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Answering question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.