Odd Camber - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 06:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Odd Camber

2002 F350 4x4, 6 inch lift Tuff Country leaf springs, new ball joints, hubs feel tight. Previous owner fell asleep driving and truck wandered off the road into heavy brush. No frame, radiator core damage. I'm unsure as to whether the camber of the front wheels is correct, personally I think it looks off. Drives fine, no vibration, turning radius is very wide, more so turning right than left. Also, pitman arm is rubbing against support bolt for (drag link?). PO says dropped pitman arm was installed after lift, do I need an adjustable tracbar bracket? Any advice? Diagnosis? Thank you in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Odd Camber-dsc00852.jpg   Odd Camber-dsc00853.jpg   Odd Camber-dsc00855.jpg   Odd Camber-dsc00856.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Premium Member

Yeah, that right tire is pretty out of whack. Although I don't think it's anything that an alignment shop couldn't fix.

As far as the contact on the bolt goes, it looks like the track bar bracket is putting the track bar lower than the drag link. Since this sounds like a new-to-you truck, you need to determine which piece is for the 6 inch lift. The track bar is clearly lower than the drag link, so one of those two doesn't match the lift. Because the steering radius is different one side to the other, I'd think it's the pitman arm that's wrong. This is the problem with New-To-You trucks, you never know what the PO did. I can tell you what he didn't do, there doesn't appear to be a cotter pin in that drag link ball joint at the pitman arm (picture #4).

The quickest way to solve this conundrum would be to take some measurements from another truck with a 6" lift to determine which of these two is incorrect for this lift.

Last edited by Karls03; 03-03-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:46 PM

Kudos, very sharp eye spotting that missing cotter pin. Appreciate the advice, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.