Need help on tire sizes?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Need help on tire sizes??

I have an 03 f250 6.0 4x4, and i dont know what size lift is on the truck. i do know that my buddy has a 6 inch lift on his f150 and we are the same height. i need help on tire size i want to put some 20x12 with a -44 offset and i want to know if i will be able to fit 35s or should i stick with 33s and i also read that if you go with to big an offset you can mess up your vehicle any info would really help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 01:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03-6.0Stroker View Post
I have an 03 f250 6.0 4x4, and i dont know what size lift is on the truck. i do know that my buddy has a 6 inch lift on his f150 and we are the same height. i need help on tire size i want to put some 20x12 with a -44 offset and i want to know if i will be able to fit 35s or should i stick with 33s and i also read that if you go with to big an offset you can mess up your vehicle any info would really help.
-44 means the centerline of the new wheels will be sticking out almost 2" further out then stock (0 offset). Then you gotta add 1/2 of the extra width on the new wheels vs stock wheels. I am not 100% on the stock width, should be 7-8"... So you got another 2" sticking out!

4" farther out then stock is pretty far out there. Even with a 6" lift I think 35's would rub. I am guessing you have a 3-4" lift? So I would be surprised if 33's clear.

Why do you want 12" wide wheels? What tire width are you wanting to run?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:21 AM

And yes the farther your wheels are sticking out, the more stress you are putting on your steering/suspension components. So wheel bearings/ hubs are going to wear out fastest, then everything else like power steering pump, tie rods, ect...
Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well i want the wide wheels because i like the deep dish look, if its really gonna wear things alot faster and be hard on the truck i may not do it. but i was going to run a 35x12.50x20 tire or same thing just 33s.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03-6.0Stroker View Post
well i want the wide wheels because i like the deep dish look, if its really gonna wear things alot faster and be hard on the truck i may not do it. but i was going to run a 35x12.50x20 tire or same thing just 33s.
I don't understand the look of stretching a tire over a wide rim. Sidewalls that look like this / \

You would be much better off with a 10" wide rim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.