Camper / Suspension questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Camper / Suspension questions

Hello everyone.

I just bought a 2013 CC SB F350 truck with the up-graded 11,500 lbs GVWR package. I'm starting to do some research on suspension lift kits.

On my last truck (08' Chevy 2500 HD CC SB) I did a BDS 6" lift, 20" wheels and 35" tires (load E). I have a slide in camper that was made for a short box that I wanted to haul (This was after I purchased the Chevy and lifted it). In order for me to haul the camper I had to add the following:

Firestone air bags
Super Springs
Hellwig rear sway bar
Tork Lift stable loads

After doing all the changes in the rear suspension, I was able to load my camper, air the bags up to 90 psi and "almost" have the truck sit level.

So far I'm leaning to the Carli 4.5 lift for my new truck but I'm wondering if I should be looking at something different to haul my camper? I'm hoping with a F350 with the up-graded 11,500 package, I would be able to haul the camper level with air bags.

Does anyone have any experience on what I want to do or steer me in a different direction, please feel free to.

Please don't try to talk me out of the lift because that isn't going to happen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top View Post
Hello everyone.

I just bought a 2013 CC SB F350 truck with the up-graded 11,500 lbs GVWR package. I'm starting to do some research on suspension lift kits.

On my last truck (08' Chevy 2500 HD CC SB) I did a BDS 6" lift, 20" wheels and 35" tires (load E). I have a slide in camper that was made for a short box that I wanted to haul (This was after I purchased the Chevy and lifted it). In order for me to haul the camper I had to add the following:

Firestone air bags
Super Springs
Hellwig rear sway bar
Tork Lift stable loads

After doing all the changes in the rear suspension, I was able to load my camper, air the bags up to 90 psi and "almost" have the truck sit level.

So far I'm leaning to the Carli 4.5 lift for my new truck but I'm wondering if I should be looking at something different to haul my camper? I'm hoping with a F350 with the up-graded 11,500 package, I would be able to haul the camper level with air bags.

Does anyone have any experience on what I want to do or steer me in a different direction, please feel free to.

Please don't try to talk me out of the lift because that isn't going to happen!
If you wanted to give us the specifications of the camper, we can work with Deaver to make you a custom full spring pack to accommodate the weight of the slide-in and get you long travel (12" travel) to accommodate the differential between the wet and dry weight of the camper/loads. Note, with the camper being as heavy as it sounds, the springs will ride pretty stiff without the camper in there. Let me know if you have any questions on our suspension products and I would be happy to help you out!

Thanks, Dan.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: Camper / Suspension questions

I have a 03 f350 cclb that is leveled. I had a 10'lance camper before. That thing was heavy as Heck. I installed air bags to around 60psi to get it level.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.