2004 lfted f-250 is too stiff ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 08:17 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 lfted f-250 is too stiff ?

i just bought a 2004 f-250 diesel truck and it has a lift on it like 4'' or possibly a 6'' and rides really stiff ?
i think it has a cheap lift kit too me it looks like they just put a couple blocks on the back and in the front mybe just springs thats my guess i don't know much about lifts i am an ex-camaro driver untill i wrecked it anybody needs parts can any body help ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Premium Member

If it just has blocks in the rear and coil spring spacers in front it should ride almost, if not exactly like stock. I guess at that point it would depend on the shocks. My lift got noticeably stiffer when I got rid of my blocks and went to 8" springs without the blocks. Not to be a smart *** but is it possible that it is just riding like a truck, not a camaro? Even going from a 95 Chevy K1500 to my 2000 F350 took a month or two of getting used to.
-Aaron

*edit* 2004 was coil springs right?
Old 12-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
04 was still leafs in the front 05 and up went to coils
Old 12-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Is the more than one block on each side in the back
Old 12-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
you got a picture of it? best way to make it ride better is 1) you can add a diff set of springs in the front and in the rear... the rear blocks make the truck ride stiff Nd 2) a diff set of shocks... pref Bilstein or something high end like FOX or Kings.... im assuming you have a 4x4 so you should have springs up front....
Old 12-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Premium Member

My mistake on the front, I got thinking about it after I wrote it....Anyway, blocks shouldn't change the way it rides over bumps....You aren't changing the spring rate or amount of travel or anything. Now, maybe I could have gotten better riding springs in the rear, but I bought my truck with a 6" Skyjacker lift on it and it had the factory 3.5" blocks stacked with the 6" lift block (obviously a bad deal) so I bought a set of 8" BDS springs and totally eliminated the blocks. I got MUCH stiffer than with the factory springs in the rear and it was pretty stiff to begin with. I think with the GVW and the fact that it rides on leaf springs means it is going to be pretty stiff regardless, although I have heard of a few companies that do a good job making lifted trucks ride smooth. One idea to help with the ride is to see about lowering the tire pressures to match the door. My truck rides much better when the tires are not at full inflation, as long as I am not hauling anything.
-Aaron
Old 12-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Served Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF350 View Post
My truck rides much better when the tires are not at full inflation, as long as I am not hauling anything.
-Aaron
I concur. My Toyos say 45 psi on the sidewall, but they ride much better with about 35 psi. Upgrading to some better shocks might help, also.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:05 PM

stiff suspension

(dave) it has one block that is about 5'' of height on the bottom of leafsprings and on top of leafsprings their is one block about 1'' heght and one leafspring on top of that.
for the front it has only leafspring with a sticker on it that says tuff country made in the usa.

as for tires it has toyo's and with a max 0f 65psi i will check how much air pressure it has and drop it 10 psi if it has the max.

as for the shocks it has white and red protector sleeve on it wich look stock to me.. im thinking of replacing them with some better ones like you guys recommended.

oh i should add that the truck is a fx4 off road (4x4)

thanks on the reply's this forum is awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.