2011 - 2013 Smooth Ride Lift Kit 4-5 inch - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 - 2013 Smooth Ride Lift Kit 4-5 inch

Is anyone running a 4 or 5 inch lift that rides smoother than stock? If so which shock and lift combination are you running? I have seen advertisements for the Carli Performance 2 lifts but am wondering if there are any other lift and shock combinations besides Carli and Icon that provide a ride smoother than stock.

I have a 2013 with a Readylift 2.5 front and 3.5 rear lift. I would like to replace it with a kit that will give me more lift (4-5) and hopefully have a smoother ride than stock. The*truck*is only driven on the street and used to tow less than 7000 lbs on occasion.If you are running a 4-5 inch lift that is smoother than stock can you tell me which lift and shock combination you are running? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by texas55; 02-18-2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Pure Performance offers a few different 4" systems that ride better than stock. The 4" Triple Threat and 4" Chase systems both are nice improvements over stock even with just basic Bilstein 5100's. You will see the biggest improvements if you couple one of those kits with a set of their custom valved shock packages. Even the Pure Prodigy 2.0 non resi shocks are going to ride better than the Bilstein 5100's since Pure valves them specifically for their springs rates. I've run a bunch of different Bilstein and Pure shocks setups on my 08 F350 that has a 4.0 Triple Threat kit on it and the Pure shocks definitely worked well.

Keep in mind that your wheel/tire combination and tire pressure will also play an important role in how well the truck ultimately rides.

Last edited by Skyd Ram; 02-19-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
not tae from georges' suggestions, but man how can argue that CARLI would probably have the softest spring, then couple with a correctly valved shock for your style would be best.

my 08 dodge, with carli stater, and shocks specd' for more street was amazing....i only wish carli did 04 f-250's
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
X2.............Pures or Icons 4 link kits with their shocks are the best bet.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnb99 View Post
not tae from georges' suggestions, but man how can argue that CARLI would probably have the softest spring, then couple with a correctly valved shock for your style would be best.

my 08 dodge, with carli stater, and shocks specd' for more street was amazing....i only wish carli did 04 f-250's
Get in touch with me about that. Carli has done some nice setups for those trucks but they don't advertise it. Main reason is the cost for custom FR/RR Deavers and (4) King 2.5's is more than a vast majority of 99-04 owners would be willing to spend.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I am just trying to learn for my next truck - with the 4 link systems, what are the drawbacks (besides cost)? Are there any situations where the softer spring rates create bounce, or is this the role of a quality shock absorber to deal with that? I use my trucks for work - pulling and hauling, but do like lifts in the range of 5" - 6" with 37's... I cant compromise functionality too much, but like the look!
I am kind of old school in where I am at - usually front coil springs changed or spacers added, radius arm drops / caster cams for alignment to get steering back. I have always been of the 'old way' of thinking that I hoped the truck wouldnt ride / steer crappier than stock. However, newer technology appears to have ride improvment as a benefit (that I havent experienced yet) - hoping to on my next one!!!
And then for back - I see big blocks / traction bars, complete new springs, and some combinatioins of a block and something like an auxilary spring pack (is that what Deavers are??) - whats the best way to go to complement a 4 link front (but the truck has to not cry 'MOMMY' with some serious tongue weight.)...

Last edited by Bigshow; 02-19-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

We do! We have one kit for them; custom deavers front and rear and custom valved King shocks front and rear. A bit spendy as an only option but is a night and day difference in the ride of the truck!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:

We have done alot with these applications. Custom leaves, shock packages, even coil overs with 4 links. They are just not as common as the 05+ apps so we do not have them on our website. Kits can be effectively pieced together for these apps....

JP
Old 02-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas55 View Post
Is anyone running a 4 or 5 inch lift that rides smoother than stock? If so which shock and lift combination are you running? I have seen advertisements for the Carli Performance 2 lifts but am wondering if there are any other lift and shock combinations besides Carli and Icon that provide a ride smoother than stock.

I have a 2013 with a Readylift 2.5 front and 3.5 rear lift. I would like to replace it with a kit that will give me more lift (4-5) and hopefully have a smoother ride than stock. The*truck*is only driven on the street and used to tow less than 7000 lbs on occasion.If you are running a 4-5 inch lift that is smoother than stock can you tell me which lift and shock combination you are running? Thanks in advance.
Give us a shout if you have any questions regarding any of our products. The 4" systems easily run 37's and are much smoother than stock. We have several shock packages available for all of our systems!

Good luck with your build..

JP
Old 02-20-2013, 05:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the replies. Considering the prices of the three lifts that have been put forth I might have to wait a little while. I am having a hard time justifying spending two or three times the amount for the top three lifts than I can get the mass produced lift. I ususlly live by "you get what you pay for" but I have ran across many items lately where this does not apply. I will have to do more homework.

Are all the components for these lifts made in the USA or are most made in China or overseas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.