What will it take? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What will it take?

I have been doing some shopping and would be looking for a 6" lift kit. I like the DR kit and the ProComp as well. I ride in the dunes, very mild trip to the sand drags and maybe off road a few times a year, nothing too much. With the DR 6" kit, what else will I need? I do not want blocks in the rear. Will I need to regear the truck if I go 37" tires? Axle shims, brake line extensions??? I know these are a lot of questions, however whatever I do to my truck I want it done right. I drive an 07 F350 CC, single wheel, FX4, planning on an exhaust as well.

Thanks for the info!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
a lot of people say you wont need to regear but you will lose a lot of low end power by not regearing.... i would go with 4.30 gears for 37" tires... the DR lift is by far one of the best.. make sure you get the rear springs because blocks ride like crap. you dont have to get longer brake lines but its recommended to get ss braided lines.. stock lines tend to bulge out when braking hard but the ss braided lines dont so you will get more stopping power... also alot of people dont think of this but going with larger tires/wheels and lift will put extra stress on your stock brake pads and rotors..... i like to upgrade rotors and pads just to be safe..... you will have a lot more rolling mass and it will be a lot harder for your stock components to stop you if you had to stop quickly... let me know if you have any questions and ill answer them to the best of my knowledge
Old 12-12-2007, 08:45 AM

can you pm me a price on the dr kit? I am not too worried about losing some power as i dont haul anything as it is, not for now anyway. Brakes were a slight concern, so i will look into brake rotors, i have changed them in teh past and i know they arent too pricey... would I need the steering stabilizer or traction bars or is that more for performance? I plan on doing the install myself, have air tools and access to a lift if need be. Is there a SS brake line kit to extend the brackets or is the SS kit going to replace the lines throughout the truck?
Old 12-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedevil View Post
can you pm me a price on the dr kit? I am not too worried about losing some power as i dont haul anything as it is, not for now anyway. Brakes were a slight concern, so i will look into brake rotors, i have changed them in teh past and i know they arent too pricey... would I need the steering stabilizer or traction bars or is that more for performance? I plan on doing the install myself, have air tools and access to a lift if need be. Is there a SS brake line kit to extend the brackets or is the SS kit going to replace the lines throughout the truck?
you wouldnt need the stab or traction bars right away... the SS brake line go replaces your stockers from the bracket to the rotor.... ill get shawn to PM you a price on the DR kit.. hes an official dist for them

-Raul
Old 12-12-2007, 09:07 AM

thank you Raul!!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Serving Our Country!

Are you gonna be losing your top end and gas milage with 4:30 gears? I have a 2001 f250 crew cab long bed with and 8 inch lift and 355/70 r17 toyo at and have been thinking about regearing my 3:73" Thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
you wouldnt need the stab or traction bars right away... the SS brake line go replaces your stockers from the bracket to the rotor.... ill get shawn to PM you a price on the DR kit.. hes an official dist for them

-Raul
Raul,

Who's Shawn? I need an adjustable pan rod bar for for an 08 SD. Have him PM me a price as well. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.