front vs rear springs size - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
front vs rear springs size

i recently lifted my truck and it is bulldoging by about 2-3 inches. it has 6" springs up front and a 6" block in rear. turns out i should have put a 2" under that i guess. my question is would it be possible to use rear spring to replace the 6" fronts? my buddy has a set of 5" rears that i figure if they fit should compress a little more and end up with about 3.5-4" from the weight of the engine. i like how the back sits being about 4" above stock with the 35" tires. will the rear springs work on the front, or what is the cheapest option to lower the front to match the back?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
The rear springs will not work on the front.... what lift kit did you go with? or did you just part the whole kit from different parts? easiest way to lower the front is by buying a new set of springs....
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

it is a fabtech 6". it came with 4 inch blocks and since mine came with a 4" from the factory i thought well 2+4=6 so i just put a 2" in. but i like the height the back is at, just need to lower the front down a few inches. i was really hoping that those springs would work, whats different about them? length? load?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot8907 View Post
it is a fabtech 6". it came with 4 inch blocks and since mine came with a 4" from the factory i thought well 2+4=6 so i just put a 2" in. but i like the height the back is at, just need to lower the front down a few inches. i was really hoping that those springs would work, whats different about them? length? load?
well the reason it came with a 4" block is because it doesnt have to lift the rear that much because of the factory rake the trucks comes with from the factory.. so as it sits right now the rear is higher than the front? or is it the other way around?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

front is higher than the rear.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

why not just lift the back a bit? it would be cheaper by either adding some full springs or just an add a leaf... add a leaf is the cheapest way to go... but already having a 6" block (or 2 in your case) makes the truck ride like crap.... go with a full spring replacement to raise the rear or just do a simple add a leaf that will lift it 2".... but if you really want to lower the front you will need to go with 4" springs just to make the front a lil lower... which is gonna be more expensive

-Raul
Old 12-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i just like how it sits with the 35's and the 4 inch. the front looks too high for the tires for me. do you carry the 4 inch springs? and if so what is your price on them?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

yah i can get you 4" springs... first i need to know what year truck you got... also since your kit is for a 6" lift you will need smaller shocks for the front if you keep the stockers and hit a big bump you will bottom out the shocks since they are gonna be to long.... what brand leafs do you want? the cheapest or some fabtech ones to match your kit?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i got a set of smaller shocks for the front... doesnt matter what brand, pro comp would be the cheapest i guess. shipped to 30052. pm me a price if you get a chance - thanks
Old 12-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

k bud ill pm you a price... but first i need to know if you have an early 99 or older 99 model?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.