suspension question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 02:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
suspension question

i have a 99 ford f 350 7.3l. i was riding down the road today behind it whlie my brother was driving it. i noticed it looked like the left side was sitting lower the theother side. i took a tape measurer and it looks like it is in fact sitting almost a half a inch lower on the left side. why is this. do i need new shocks. everything on the truck is stock including suspension shocks. helpppppp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
does it look like its just the front? something like this can be causes from warn springs or shocks....
Old 11-29-2007, 02:21 PM

nah its in the back to. i know the suspension is old cause i can hear it while im riding on bumps. but the fron does sit down a little more on the left.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

i would say replace your stock shocks and see if it fixes it.... if it doesnt its more than likely your leafs are warn and you need replacements... this would be a good time to do a leveling kit if you plan to ever do one... because leveling kits come with shocks
Old 11-29-2007, 02:28 PM

yeah that is my next plan for the truck. a leveling kit definatly. about a month ago i put in the ts performance 6 position chip. just last week i put in the 6inch mitrer cut stacks. and now i am really wanting a leveling kit. i ran across a procomp kit not to long ago that came with shocks for a really reasonable price. what do you perfer for a leveling kit and what size.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

well my favorite one is a Pro-comop 2" shackle/hanger kit with shocks.... best bang for your bucks... plus if you ever decide to go higher you can just add to the hanger kit.... here is link Stealth Automotive. 2" Shackle Leveling Kit ..... if you need to go higher than that i got a Fabtech 3.5" shackle lift w/shocks on the site.... i prefer shackle/ hanger kits over add a leafs because they are easier to install... let me know if you have any questions on the kits

-Raul
Old 11-29-2007, 02:37 PM

hey thanks for the replies so you would go with a shackle over a leaf spring. humm ive been told that the shackle is easy to do. about how long would it take and what kind of tools.i need about a 3 inch. what if it still sags then would i need to get regular stock leafsprings for it. thanks for the help
Old 11-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

should take you the better part of a day to do it unless you got an access to a lift and some air tools....if it still sags you would just need to replace them with stockers.... if you need 3" then go with the fabtech kit... here is what my truck looked like with the Fabtech 3.5 hanger kit and an add a leaf in the rear....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.