4.5 Rough Country lift & tunin'
So I FINALLY got a 6.0. I ordered the blue spring kit, a 4.5 rough country lift, SCT tuner and edge CTS for the dash with the egt, and a set of 6" mitre cut stacks. Will be on 315 70 17's if I can ever get it out of the driveway! First I wanted to say thanks to everyone on here, this site and it's members helped me to decide what the best upgrades to get were.
Rough Country, the lift came in on thursday late at night. I started installing first thing Friday morning. I got to the front shocks going on and noticed they were eye-to-eye, which my 05 F250 requires threaded on top. So that put a stop to it on Friday and RC said they "might" be able to get the right ones to me on Saturday. So I spent the rest of the day searching for a substitute, and nobody had anything decent so I waited for RC to come through, which they did. They came in around 130pm so I started right away in the pooring rain. By the time I got to the rear end, RC had already closed for the weekend and my U-bolts were the wrong size! (not the large round end ones, the square ones that attach the top of the block to the leaf spring). Well after going to every parts store and searching everywhere online the best I will be able to get them is tuesday if RC gets them out for me (we haven't spoken yet) and ordering from anything else is still tuesday at best. So now my tuck that is just over a week old, will have been down 5 days because of them, which is pretty irritating. Under normal circumstances this woudn't be too bad, but I leave to go back overseas in a couple of days and this has really screwed me and my family out of a trip to Cali we were going to take before I left.
During the rear end part of it, I noticed I have a broken leaf on the left side. Should I just replace it and go on with the crappy block lift or just get a 4 or 5 in lift leafs and hope it lines up with the RC front end? It's just so hard to know what the finish height will be, I can deal with it being a little lower than level from the front but not much, and definitely not higher.
My second question is, I originally wanted the SCT livewire, but they were out of stock so they gave me a good deal on the SCT SF3 and the edge CTS insight. Wondering if I should send them back and just wait on the livewire. The only thing that kept me from getting it was that he said they were having problems with the EGT and there wasn't a fix for it yet. Is that true/would it be better?
I've got lots of pictures I'll try to get some up. Thanks again everybody!
...and what is "post a poll" ?