4.5 Rough Country lift & tunin' - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4.5 Rough Country lift & tunin'

So I FINALLY got a 6.0. I ordered the blue spring kit, a 4.5 rough country lift, SCT tuner and edge CTS for the dash with the egt, and a set of 6" mitre cut stacks. Will be on 315 70 17's if I can ever get it out of the driveway! First I wanted to say thanks to everyone on here, this site and it's members helped me to decide what the best upgrades to get were.
Rough Country, the lift came in on thursday late at night. I started installing first thing Friday morning. I got to the front shocks going on and noticed they were eye-to-eye, which my 05 F250 requires threaded on top. So that put a stop to it on Friday and RC said they "might" be able to get the right ones to me on Saturday. So I spent the rest of the day searching for a substitute, and nobody had anything decent so I waited for RC to come through, which they did. They came in around 130pm so I started right away in the pooring rain. By the time I got to the rear end, RC had already closed for the weekend and my U-bolts were the wrong size! (not the large round end ones, the square ones that attach the top of the block to the leaf spring). Well after going to every parts store and searching everywhere online the best I will be able to get them is tuesday if RC gets them out for me (we haven't spoken yet) and ordering from anything else is still tuesday at best. So now my tuck that is just over a week old, will have been down 5 days because of them, which is pretty irritating. Under normal circumstances this woudn't be too bad, but I leave to go back overseas in a couple of days and this has really screwed me and my family out of a trip to Cali we were going to take before I left.
During the rear end part of it, I noticed I have a broken leaf on the left side. Should I just replace it and go on with the crappy block lift or just get a 4 or 5 in lift leafs and hope it lines up with the RC front end? It's just so hard to know what the finish height will be, I can deal with it being a little lower than level from the front but not much, and definitely not higher.
My second question is, I originally wanted the SCT livewire, but they were out of stock so they gave me a good deal on the SCT SF3 and the edge CTS insight. Wondering if I should send them back and just wait on the livewire. The only thing that kept me from getting it was that he said they were having problems with the EGT and there wasn't a fix for it yet. Is that true/would it be better?
I've got lots of pictures I'll try to get some up. Thanks again everybody!
...and what is "post a poll" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

...or not

I guess I should have just said I bought a truck, what am I supposed to do to it because I'm too lazy to do any research on my own... there would have been 6 pages of replies by now.

Here's a before and after, it was about 7 in total lift after the tires
Attached Thumbnails
4.5 Rough Country lift & tunin'-img_7647.jpg   4.5 Rough Country lift & tunin'-img_1769.jpg  
Old 01-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Premium Member

Re: 4.5 Rough Country lift & tunin'

Looks great. Front and back sit level?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks, it looks pretty level to me. I would like to get rid of the blocks in the back and switch to springs but It's sitting level now and I don't want to mess that up.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 AM
Premium Member

How's the ride? Rougher? Same as stock?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Looks good. Have you thought about buying a unitized lift block from PMF (Welcome to Precision Metal Fabrication - USA Built suspension systems) instead of doing an all-spring lift in the rear?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I would say it rides a little better than it did before the lift, I'm guessing that's because it has nicer shocks, or the larger tires tackling bumps better. I will say that the dual stabilizer is a must. I drove it without to go get the tires mounted and an alignment and it was getting a bit wobbly up front with the bumps. Installed the stabilizer and feels much more like stock as far as stability goes.

@Powerstroke7, the kit came with a fabricated lift block similar to that. Never heard of Precision Metal Fabrication but there stuff looks pretty nice.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
have your alignment checked ( or do yourself) the dual stabiilizer is a band aid for deathwobble... caster should be roughly 4.5* positive ( leaning back )
Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hopefully your alignment tech fixed the caster, the duals should make steering feel a little firmer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
lift, missing parts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.