Stock Vs. Leveled.....everything else the same. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
Stock Vs. Leveled.....everything else the same.

stock everything picture compared to a leveled, otherwise stock truck.
both pics are a lil dark, and from my camera phone, but you should be able to see the difference. The first pic is the 1st day I bought the truck, the second pic was this morning before going to class. Hopefully this will help someones decision on whether to buy a leveling kit or spring for something bigger. I'm happy with this right now, and have to be until I get out of school and can afford to go bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
Stock Vs. Leveled.....everything else the same.-stock-day-1.jpg   Stock Vs. Leveled.....everything else the same.-leveled.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2007, 09:27 AM

I like the leveled pic
Old 11-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Yeah me too
Old 11-26-2007, 10:33 AM

I like em both, the leveled version more obviously. I thought it might help someone out if they can see a direct comparison between the two, I know it woulda made my decision alot easier.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:00 AM

Leveled mine and like it, only issue is my 1999.5 springs are getting old and when I haul a heavy trailer (horse) the back end will sit lower then the front.

Going to do air bags... one of these days

cadd
Old 12-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Is that a 2 inch or 2.5 inch leveling kit
Old 12-12-2007, 10:54 AM

its Skyjackers 2.5 coil lift in the front and an add-a-leaf in th rear

heres a pic leveled plus wheels and tires to finish to looks change of the truck......whitelongbed on here sold me the wheels and tires....new center caps are on their way for the wheels now.
Attached Thumbnails
Stock Vs. Leveled.....everything else the same.-powerstroke.jpg  
Old 12-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via AIM to ADroessler
Actually you guys might be able to help me out. I have a 99' 250 2wd. Just put on a leveling kit from fat bob's garage.com . The first day I put it on the wheels were horribly cambered inward. I figured this might be normal and called up the site just to check. The tech told me I just need to have it realigned and maybe have some camber sleeves put in. Took it to my local diesel/4x4 shop. They had it for about a day but the front isnt totally fixed. The tech at the shop told me he couldnt put in camber sleeves and that the wheels would never be completely straight. After I picked up the truck I drove it home and it pulled hard right every time I hit the brakes. Now after having it in a second time it stills pulls and the tech said he's done all he can with that particular kit. I got the idea from the kit from another on here that said he had installed the same kit no problem.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I havent ever put a leveling kit in a 2wd but i've had that the pulling hard to the right when hiting the brakes in a 1999 4x4 f350 dually it was the thing that pushed the brakes out when you hit the pedal. it was the one on the left side it had stoped working and only the right side was engaging
Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADroessler View Post
Actually you guys might be able to help me out. I have a 99' 250 2wd. Just put on a leveling kit from fat bob's garage.com . The first day I put it on the wheels were horribly cambered inward. I figured this might be normal and called up the site just to check. The tech told me I just need to have it realigned and maybe have some camber sleeves put in. Took it to my local diesel/4x4 shop. They had it for about a day but the front isnt totally fixed. The tech at the shop told me he couldnt put in camber sleeves and that the wheels would never be completely straight. After I picked up the truck I drove it home and it pulled hard right every time I hit the brakes. Now after having it in a second time it stills pulls and the tech said he's done all he can with that particular kit. I got the idea from the kit from another on here that said he had installed the same kit no problem.
Try putting bigger cams in it. Prolly 2 degrees. I think you can go as far as 3.5 degrees but then your lookin at rubbin knuckles. I'd take it somewhere else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.