leveling kit + 305/70/17 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
leveling kit + 305/70/17

Anyone running a leveling kit and 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers???
Actual Overall Measurements according to Nitto:
Height: 33.98"
Width: 12.36"

Haven't heard anything negative about the tire, and its closer to 34" than 35", and less than 12.5".......so hoping that they would still look really good, offer a lil more height, and avoid the rubbing issues of the 35/12.5/17 tires I've been repeatedly warned of regardless of the brand of tire.

Any pics of trucks with this would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i was running a lil larger tire than that on a 3.5" leveling kit... i think you will be fine.... and those tires are excellent all around tires....
Old 11-26-2007, 07:54 AM
<b>Premium Member</b>

I'm running 285/70/17 Nitto Terras on a 2.5 kit and I haven't had any probs

-BG06.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
with a leveling kit on the 05 and up 6.0's you can run a 35/12.50/17 with out rubbing. I run them and havent had it make a single noise.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:32 AM

eazenutz33,
What wheels are you planning on running? That will make a big differance.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
planning on running stock wheels, pricewise and for where I live(gravel) I think chrome rims would be a waste since they would cost alot more and rarely be clean enough to appreciate. (not a fan of ALL black wheels either.)

had a set of Eagle 20" wheels picked out (Eagle 064b Polished and Superfinished Black rims) that I was gonna get a great deal on, but they were 20x10 wheels with a 4.6" backspacing....basically sticking the tires and wheels out 4-6" from the side of the truck, and without 4-6" or lift or more, I think it looks "off."

I've talked to several people about 35/12.50/17's on stock rims and gotten mixed answers, but most everybody has told me I gotta get aftermarket rims with correct backspacing, width, and offset(or somin like that) to make em fit....or they're gonna rub with stock rims.

I did see an '05 F350 local that had 35/13.50/18 Pro Comp tires with a leveling block on top of the coils on his truck. 1st time I talked to him he said he had NO rubbing issues and this was his second set of tires, but he had just put these on recently (a month) and had 35/12.50/18's on before (showed me the front tires with 40,000 miles)......and I noticed a place on the radius arm(??? arm from the frame to the axle) where the tires (not sure if just the new ones or the old ones as well) had rubbed the paint completely off a 1.5" wide area. I LOVED how the truck looked and sat up, but I dont wanna deal with that rubbing he's dealing with.

I can't find 20" rims how I need em for a price I would consider paying, I dont wanna blow money on rims unless they are at least 20's so buying 17's to fit tires is out, and I drive a minimum of an hour one way/everyday(schools moving another 20-30 min. away in january too!)......thats why I'm thinkin All Terrain tires may be better for me(mileage life, road noise, road conditions,.....).

I was lookin at Lift Kits, Tires & Wheels by 4 Wheel Parts and they're having free shipping on tires, and 10% off on tires, leaving 295/70/17 nitto terra grapplers at $161/tire! Which I thought was insane! I gotta call em on 305/70/17 tires, theres only 9/10" difference in height and some width difference, but the 305's are E rated, and the 295's are D rated....and they dont show the 305's on their website. I was really hoping the 305 tires were closer to that price than the $285+ I see for all the mud terrain tires I've looked at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.