8.5 pro comp lift insatalation - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2007, 03:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
8.5 pro comp lift insatalation

hey i just ordered my 8.5 pro comp lift. has any one put in a lift them selfs how hard is it and how big of a job is it can i do it in one sunday . thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Emergency Services

sweet deal...it would def help if ya had some buddies help ya out..it isnt too bad but it would be a stretch to do it urself for the first time by ur self IMO..make sure u use jack stands and stabilize it safely while ur under it...
good luck
Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
A few extra hands help...
Old 11-22-2007, 06:53 AM

ok well what about the brake lines that is my biggest worry i dont want to have to bleed them all that would be a pain. but i work at a dealership so im gunna go up there on sunday and use there lift lol. if it will even fit.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
I just put my 4inch pro comp on the othre day. My biggest thing to you is..get PB BLASTER! lol..and get some heat (torch). Pitman arm puller..I got mine from autozone and it was like 17 bucks..had to modify it a little bit, shave the sides to fit right. But the trick I found to be best was to tighten it on and then gave it a few wacks with a hammer. Then tighten it again, wach it again. repeat that process for a few times and it should come right off..**DO NOT USE HEAT ON IT THOUGH!** and when i say wach it. Hit the bottom of it where you tighten it at. that took like an hour no joke before i figured out that tight and wack thing lol. grab some of your friends and just have fun. its not that bad.

-Evan
Old 11-24-2007, 02:31 PM

what is the hardest part of doing the lift
Old 11-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i think the hardest part is going to be lifting the truck high enough so that when you stick the new leafs on your axles wont hit the ground.... remember to put the jacks on the frame and get at least 4 6ton stands.......
Old 11-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
The hardest part of the lift and Raul can vouch for this. The rear add a lift. It was the hardest till i called him at like 2am and he help me. I personally thought the front was easy. Looking back to it now, the whole thing was easy just time consuming more than anything. But Raul is right with the jack stands it was a pain in the butt with my 4". Alot of up and down with the jack to get it right. Oh and on the front, remove the 10mm bolt that holds the brake lines in the wheel wells that will make it so much easy to move around at first i tried with them still connected and then removed it what a difference it made. Stupid things like that took up SOOO much time. Just attack it and you'll do fine.

-Evan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.