Please HELP! 03 f250 fitting 35's on it - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Please HELP! 03 f250 fitting 35's on it

Alright guys need some help. I have an 03 f250 crew cab 7.3 4x4. I just bought the kmc rockstars with 35's on them. I have a shackle leveling kit and they rub bad!!
They hit on the front bumper and inner fender well. Here is the specs on the wheels, 20x10 kmc rockstars off a newer f250. The tires are 35x12.5 r20 mickey thompson atz. Just want to figure out what I have to do to get them to work. I dont want to lift to high because of money and ride issues. Kind of thinking about cutting bumper and moving inner fender. Anyways to get by with a small lift or modifying what i have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Premium Member

I used a piece of square stock to push my bumper forward. Better lucky than good that the bumper lined up with the forward body line.

I have to assume that being it's an 03 you're using a 4.25~4.5 backspace on those wheels. Fact is, unless you lift it (I'm 4~5 in the front), it's going to rub that inner fender well. I've made contact with the sheet metal pulling into a parking lot because the wheels were turned just right.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the pic. After doing a little research kind of taking it as I better just put a lift on it. I think i'm going to go with a 4 inch lift overall. I have a 2 in shackle leveling kit, going to go with the rough country 4 inch lift and leave my two inch shackles. Im liking the price of the rough country I just hope its not a terrible ride. Anyone out there have any suggestions on lifts? If i can go with a smaller lift to make them work Id rather do that. Money is kind of tight right now so the cheaper the better right now. Will probably go through and replace it for a better ride eventually when I have more cash to throw around.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Premium Member

If you are going with a complete lift, GO BACK TO STOCK HANGERS. The path you are suggesting will have the front riding 2 inches higher than the rear. The only way around this would be to get a kit with a 2" front lift spring.

While they are going to sell you another block and have you stack them in, eventually, a one piece block should be used. I don't like stacking blocks. Just measure the two blocks and that's how tall you need.

Lifts ride stiff unless you get one of those high dollar set ups. The nitrogen charged shocks make that even more so. I like the firm ride, it's a fair trade off for the off road ride. I'm going to leave the fronts alone, but out back, I am considering going to the oil charged shock.

Trust me, DO NOT PIECE TOGETHER A LIFT! Get what you want the first time and be done with it, it will cost less.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

So if I left my stock Hangers for now and went with a two and a half rough country lift would that give me a total of 4.5 in the front? or do they not add up like that? Would i need to get the other components like pitman arm, track bar, and sway bar components? if i just added the 2.5inch lift to what i have now. Also this would clear my tires no problems right? I

I know the ride may not be the best with this set up but if I can go with it for now so I can put my wheels on then this summer ill invest money into an expensive lift. My issue is my tires I have now are shot and the ones I have on the rims are like new so I want to put them on. Because if I buy tires for my stock rims once I lift it I'll probably never use them again.

What do you reccomend?
Old 01-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Premium Member

I'd leave it alone until you can afford to buy the lift kit that you want. Anything taller than what you are now is going to require a dropped pitman arm and drop bracket for the track bar. Hence buying a lift "kit".

With all of the money I spent following the same logic path that you are on, I could have bought a Carli or BDS lift.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Have you tried trimming and pulling your rear fender? I did that on mine and no more rubbing issues.. also, where on your front bumper are you hitting? The lower valance or the metal part itself?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It hits real bad. Just sittin in the garage and turning the wheel its hitting about 2 inches of the metal bumper when turned. It will turn passed that point but it definitely is rubbing bad.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the wheel width isnt helping, but you said NEWER truck...... the back spacing is off by 2" or so. you need a different wheel or a set of spacers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.