Confused about leveling - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Confused about leveling

Read alot on here about leveling to get a larger tire to fit, which I am interested in doing, along with new rims. Problem is this, my rig, 2003 F250 FX4, looks level to me, but I have investigated some leveling kits from different mfg's and store websites. Here's my ?, I don't see a kit for any 2003 trucks, do they not need it, did Ford decide to do its rearend hike after that year? Am I overlooking the my year? Any answers are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

They do make leveling kits for your rig, but you may want to take it to a tire and suspension shop to confirm that it either does or doesn't already have one. If you do decide to purchase a kit then I believe that you'll need to put a larger block (F 350) in the rear since it will make you front end a bit higher.
There are several options that you can do to level your truck. One is a spring hanger kit, 2nd is a mini spring pack, and last is an add a leaf. I chose option 2 but haven't installed yet. It is in my garage if you would like to see what it looks like. It's made by Tuff Country, but DR also makes one similar to it.

Hope this helps a little,
Moon
Old 11-07-2007, 10:17 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
you could also put blocks under your front springs... would I do it? No... have I seen it done and work? Yes...
Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 PM

yeah no to the blocks in the front and if you every see anyone with blocks in the front tell them that they are fing idiots just do an add a leaf its like $80 keeps you safe and everyone else around you safe.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:13 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
here is a leveling kit for you. this is what I will be "lowering" to once my m/t's wear out. Donahoe Racing: Ford Super Duty 2" Mini Spring Pack
Old 11-08-2007, 06:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Something that doesn't get mentioned a lot.. an adjustable track bar or track bar drop bracket. This keeps your front axle centered under the truck. I don't know how necessary it is, but I'll be getting one when I level my truck.

Last edited by sloth; 11-08-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 AM

Sloth, the Tuff Country leveling kit comes with a track bar relocater bracket. That is one reason why I didn't go with the DR kit. Also, if your track bar is a one incher then it is not necessary to replace.

Moon
Old 11-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

One incher?? What is that and how do I tell if I already have one.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have the same truck and have 145k on it. If its looks level right now then something must have already been done to it b/c every 2003 i've seen has had a noticable grade. I just leveled my truck last weekend and I used the Pro Comp leaf springs kit. People have told me that the leafs might wear out in a year but I chose that kit bc it came with shocks for all around. I couldn't be happier with it right now. the front sits 1/2 in lower and my ride is actually a whole lot better.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:12 PM

Sloth, you wont need to replace the track bar with a new one if it is 1" in diameter. Some rigs have 3/4" track bar that will need to be replaced. To check, see if you can slide a 3/4" open ended wrench over the bar. If you can then it should be replaced if you are using the Tuff Country leveling kit.

Moon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.