Level/lift questions for my 04 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Level/lift questions for my 04

I have a 2004 ccsb and have a few questions about levels/lifts.

1.) First off I'm still trying to decide whether I want to just level or do a 4 inch lift on my truck. The plan is to run 35s. With a level I saw there are two main setups you can buy which are the mini spring pack or the shackle kit. What all is needed with either of these? Do you need new shocks with both, trac bar, etc. Also which brand?

2.) Secondly I have the factory 16x7 wheels. Pretty sure this screws me for 35s if im not mistaken. Is it correct that I'll need to buy wider wheels to fit them?

3.) Random question but do 05+ wheels fit 03-04 trucks? I thought I read that the offset is different and they will look too tucked in but can't find where I read it.

Thanks everyone, finally decided to drop the money to get the truck how I want it and this sh1t is confusing the he11 out of me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennigan View Post
I have a 2004 ccsb and have a few questions about levels/lifts.

1.) First off I'm still trying to decide whether I want to just level or do a 4 inch lift on my truck. The plan is to run 35s. With a level I saw there are two main setups you can buy which are the mini spring pack or the shackle kit. What all is needed with either of these? Do you need new shocks with both, trac bar, etc. Also which brand?

Mini pak will not require longer shocks due to the way they lift, they add height to overall spring pak. shackle will lower spring mounting points, so a longer shock is needed. the shackle will allow for a better ride due to increasing travel distance between bump stops, mini pak can add to the spring rate making ride firmer.

2.) Secondly I have the factory 16x7 wheels. Pretty sure this screws me for 35s if im not mistaken. Is it correct that I'll need to buy wider wheels to fit them?

a 35 is rather large for a stock 7" wheel, but people do it all the time.

3.) Random question but do 05+ wheels fit 03-04 trucks? I thought I read that the offset is different and they will look too tucked in but can't find where I read it.

the 05-up wheel has 2" of addition BS, it may bolt up, but wont turn left or right very far depending on tire size, mostly a 28" tire will rub at stock height, the tire will hit the springs. if you do run an 05-up wheel, you need a 2" spacer minimun.

Thanks everyone, finally decided to drop the money to get the truck how I want it and this sh1t is confusing the he11 out of me
call 8lug truck gear, PMF precision metal fab, CT Performance, or any other site vendor for clarification and needs
Old 12-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Most 35" tires will clear with a 3" hanger lift if you have front V codes, they will also get you a better ride quality than lift springs.

We can help ..PM me.

Cary
Old 12-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you are even considering a full lift, don't waste your time and money on a leveling kit. I wasted WAY TOO MUCH MONEY not getting what I really wanted the FIRST TIME.

That being said, don't stack your rear blocks. Keep in mind that a 4" front lift will be about 5~6 rear lift if you have to buy seperate one piece blocks.

While not mandatory, traction bars work nice, too.

Finally, I wouldn't run a 315 on anything less than a 10" wheel. Anything less requires less psi for even treadwear. Even on a 10, I only need 45 front/40 rear for even tread wear. 05 and up wheels won't fit because 05s have wider axles.

Oh yeah, a 3" hanger WITHOUT a shackle relocation OR longer shackles will roll the axle forward inducing negative camber making your truck into a carnival ride. Plus if your truck sits nose low with 2.5" rear blocks, a 3" hanger will make it nose high.

sent from a dumb guy with a smart phone

Last edited by Karls03; 12-19-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.