Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Opinion's on pro comp lifts for 99-04

12K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Clayton1985 
#1 ·
I'm looking at a 4 in suspension lift for my 2001 f250 ccsb 4x4 and a guy at work keeps telling me not to buy the pro comp lift because its junk and the front spring always sag. Is there any truth in this or is he just blowing smoke and not know what he's talking about. Has anybody had any problems or issues with there pro comp lifts?

#4 ·
I had a tuff country lift kit on my truck for a while. I would say it is probably similar. Procomp, tuff country, skyjacker... they are going to probably ride a little stiffer than the more expensive setups and a little stiffer than stock. Honestly it is going to ride like a truck if you go with that setup. If you are anal about ride quality than it may not be the best setup. I would suggest an Icon, they ride real nice.

As far as sagging springs go. You can get sagging springs from all the companies out there. Seen Deavers, Icon's, tuff country, procomp... etc etc... The difference between the expensive leaf spring kits and the cheap ones are just a softer progressive leaf spring. If you are not worried and you don't care that your truck rides like a truck (stiff), then you will be fine with a cheaper lift kit. There are probably 10x the trucks out there with these kits on their than the others...

#9 ·
My other truck supposedly has a Pro Comp lift and its sagging something serious in the rear. Fronts sits high buts its also a gas-job so it wont put as much stress on the springs as a diesel will over time.

#10 ·
Layson...where do you suggest the best price on the Icon lift is? BTW your truck is just Sick!

#11 ·
Trucktoyzperformance.com

Sent from my phone

#16 ·
Serious.............?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.