Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Suspension Upgrades by Precedence?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Skyd Ram 
#1 ·
I have an 08 f250 with a basic pro comp 6 inch lift on 37's with pro comp dual steering stabilizers. I am having an issue with death wobble and about to buy a new trac bar, but anyway what do you all think is the order of suspension parts that need to be replaced in order of most important to least important...?

Also any recommendations o trac bars? I was looking at the readylift but $700.00.. seems a bit much..

#2 ·
Do parts need to be replaced? All parts work together as a team if one is bad it will affect the others so all are equally important. Your issue could be tires, out of round or they might need to be rebalanced, also if your pro comp system is 4 years old then i would say that your shocks are no longer good, my last pro comp shocks lasted about 6-7 months. If you want a new Trac Bar Carli makes a nice one.

#4 ·
I am running Nitto mud grapplers, they are almost shot. Switching to nitto trail grapplers. As far as alignment goes I have no idea... Had it realigned 1 month ago at a shop that specializes on lifted trucks

#8 ·
The 05+ trucks are real sensitive when lifted. If I were you I would call up Truck Toyz Performance and talk with Marty. Tell him exactly what you have and he will set you up. Thinking maybe a Icon drop bracket and trackbar. Don't cheap out on the trackbar, you will regret it.

Then as far as upgrades go there are a few other things I would change out. These are expensive, but I would even look into getting some One Up Offroad ALA link arms. Makes it EASY to adjust the caster, works for stock height, it will tighten up your steering over the factory arms, the arms are also offset so you get an improved turning radius over the stock arms.

Also, in my opinion a set of traction bars is also a HUGE improvement and I consider that a pretty important suspension upgrade on a truck with large tires and lifted. Especially if you tow at all...

Lift Kits, Truck Suspension Kits, Truck Lift Kits | Truck Toyz

#10 ·
I too would suggest the Toyo MT's over the Trail Grapplers. The 37" Trail Grapplers are only D-rated and they tend to develop a left pull that can be hard to resolve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.