Which helper bags? - Page 4 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
On 'why' bags, or 'which' bags? Firestone and AirLift both make brackets for lifted applications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My bad guys autocorrect on the phone. Yes which bags. Do you guys suggest inboard or outboard bags? No gooseneck or fifth wheel installed.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0L Stroker View Post
Guys any suggestions on which bags for my truck? It's 11 350 lifted 4.5 inches carli kit. And I have the full rear springs which eliminate the block. Sooo bags above the spring would be stretched. Carli makes bags but there 850 witt no compressor. That seems like a lot to me. I even though about those sumo springs but my bump stock distance to axle is greater too

Our bags are more expensive given their design. We utilize a tapered piston design that will not change your ride quality when deflated where the above-mentioned double-bellow bags will make the ride quality more harsh even when empty. Further, your full springs travel 12" in the rear and our bags will travel 12" as to not limit ride quality or travel. The cheaper double bellow bags will limit your travel to 4-6". Just food for thought. We're not getting rich off the bags, they're extremely expensive to produce!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Personally, if I had already spent top dollar on a Carli lift, I would pony up and get the bags that are designed to work with the lift. You can make one of the other kits work, but you'll sacrifice performance somewhere.

I do not believe that the AirLift or Firestone bags make your ride worse when they are empty... if they technically do, it is not noticeable on my truck. With only 5lbs of pressure in them, they are easily squeezed by hand, and are doing very little (if anything) to support the truck, and therefore do not effect the ride by any noticeable account.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:09 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
thats a lot of travel for bags impressive. I havent noticed a more harsh ride from any kind of bag when properly deflated for empty loads
Old 11-29-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
Our bags are more expensive given their design. We utilize a tapered piston design that will not change your ride quality when deflated where the above-mentioned double-bellow bags will make the ride quality more harsh even when empty. Further, your full springs travel 12" in the rear and our bags will travel 12" as to not limit ride quality or travel. The cheaper double bellow bags will limit your travel to 4-6". Just food for thought. We're not getting rich off the bags, they're extremely expensive to produce!
I fully understand what your saying and in all honestly I will probably go with your guys bags anyway because I know it will work. And work right. Thanks the info also! Ill be ill be calling George soon for them.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Bumping it back up. My airbags are on, just need to get a compressor and maybe a tank ordered. I may just order a simple compressor for now, and new a more elaborate setup later.

Any suggestions on a simple compressor just for airing the bags up?
Old 03-14-2013, 02:22 PM

A little off topic but did you ever put the icon shock kit on?
Old 03-14-2013, 02:25 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Which ones? lol

I'm on stockers right now
Old 03-14-2013, 02:29 PM

I thought you were having stock height icon shocks being built with piggy back resi's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.