Which 4.5 lift?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which 4.5 lift??

Looking to do a 4.5 lift on my 2012 4X4 CC within the next couple of months, so i`m looking at Pure Performance 4 link and the Carli pintop. I need a system that works well off road as well as on road, i use my truck in the desert and old jeep trails so off road performance is very important. On the Carli site they have some very impressive videos of trucks at play, Pure Performance (NY?) i`m not that familiar with so i`m not sure of their ability at reliable off road use. In the past Fab-Tech and ProComp have left me stranded.

I would like to hear the good and bad of each company`s 4.5 offerings. Also with the holiday`s coming up do any vendors here offer specials to members of the forum. I`m a member of several Raptor forums and the vendors are always having discounted prices. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sounds like you're looking at the right system. The pintop 4.5" system has unparalleled on-road ride and, when paired with a full spring pack, we'd put it up against anything out there! This combo gave Sage Carli's truck the nickname "Baja Couch." If you're looking for reviews, we have a couple up on our technical forum that we just launched. Enjoy!

Ford Pintop Reviews - Carli Suspension - Technical Forum
Carli Pintop Review - Carli Suspension - Technical Forum
I'll start 2012 F250 - Carli Suspension - Technical Forum
Carli Suspension - Technical Forum
http://forums.carlisuspension.com/po...ension-6061039

Last edited by OCVeloMan; 11-09-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Both systems are very stout and I run a combination of Carli and Pure on my F350. Pure's four link kits will articulate a little better for lower speed type off roading but with either company you will want to do the fulls leafs to get the most gain in ride and performance on and off road.

Which one is better for you will depend on the type of off roading you do as well as budget. Big gains will comes from going with full leafs in the rear as well as shock choices. The more basic kits with the Bilstein 5100's will ride very similar whereas things will get quite different and better as you move up into the more custom tuned shock packages. Carli's best overall Ford system will be the Pintop 2.5 kit whereas Pure's will be the 4.5" Chase system with the 2 5/8" Prodigy shocks. Sage has spend a lot of time valving the King 2.5's using their custom piston as his daily driver is 2011 F250. Jeremy has been continually playing with the valving in the 2 5/8 Pure Prodigy shocks as he was an 08 F250 that he also drives a lot. I haven't ridden in a Ford with the 2 5/8 shocks in it but I run Prodigy 2.0 Remote Resi's on my truck that after a few valving updates over the last year or so rides alot better than it did on Bilstein 5100's.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:22 PM

Thanks guy`s. I`m trying to make the SD as off road capable as possible for under 5k. I know that it will never be what my Raptor is, excellent on and off road at ANY speed but adding a little reliable sport to the SD would be fun.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
People with our pintop, full springs and steering stabilizer (combo under 5K) outrun raptors all day long...
Old 11-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Premium Member

Ive never put my 350 against a raptor, but i would in a heart beat. Carli's suspension system is by far the best upgrade you can do to the super duty (im biased owning one myself) cant say much for other "kits" or "lifts"
Old 11-12-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCVeloMan View Post
People with our pintop, full springs and steering stabilizer (combo under 5K) outrun raptors all day long...
That would be impressive! Being that money is a little tight this time of year, X-mas coming up, i was looking at the starter system, are the only difference between the pin-top and starter system the shocks? My thinking is that i could up grade to the King shocks at a later date. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH67 View Post
That would be impressive! Being that money is a little tight this time of year, X-mas coming up, i was looking at the starter system, are the only difference between the pin-top and starter system the shocks? My thinking is that i could up grade to the King shocks at a later date. Thanks.
Yes,
You could start with the Starter System (hence the name) and upgrade to any of the 4.5" shock offerings in the future.

And Carli has some previous and current Raptor owners that run the Pintop 2.5 kit on their Super Duty's.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

If our hard parts leave you stranded, we will buy your truck! LOL.

The 4 link conversion offered in our systems will articulate better than a radius arm system for sure! Don't worry about us being from NY! That is just where we call home! We travel alot. We also own Rock Krawler Suspension too which is our Jeep brand.

All of our systems are great starting points, then combined with specific levels of shocks, they are good to do and do whatever you would like. We have some radius arm drop systems coming out too for more budget freindly 4 and 6 inch systems, but our high ended ones will always feature 4 link conversions. We try to be very well balanced in our products. We want to be great on the street, good at high speed sand and good when articulation demands are needed which is the real benefit of the 4 link conversion in my opinion.

For shocks; bilstein 5100's are a good starting point, but personally, when working on a budget, our 2 5/8 direct IFP shocks are a great value at $1379 for a set of (4). 2 5/8 offer 46% more dampening than 2.0 shocks and the IFP keeps the gas and fluid completely seperate so they are nice and smooth! In my opinion 2 5/8 shocks simply fill the void much better than small 2.0 shocks on big trucks like these.

No matter what you choose, good luck with your build. Have fun with your truck.

JP
Old 11-12-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Perf View Post
If our hard parts leave you stranded, we will buy your truck! LOL.

The 4 link conversion offered in our systems will articulate better than a radius arm system for sure! Don't worry about us being from NY! That is just where we call home! We travel alot. We also own Rock Krawler Suspension too which is our Jeep brand.

All of our systems are great starting points, then combined with specific levels of shocks, they are good to do and do whatever you would like. We have some radius arm drop systems coming out too for more budget freindly 4 and 6 inch systems, but our high ended ones will always feature 4 link conversions. We try to be very well balanced in our products. We want to be great on the street, good at high speed sand and good when articulation demands are needed which is the real benefit of the 4 link conversion in my opinion.

For shocks; bilstein 5100's are a good starting point, but personally, when working on a budget, our 2 5/8 direct IFP shocks are a great value at $1379 for a set of (4). 2 5/8 offer 46% more dampening than 2.0 shocks and the IFP keeps the gas and fluid completely seperate so they are nice and smooth! In my opinion 2 5/8 shocks simply fill the void much better than small 2.0 shocks on big trucks like these.

No matter what you choose, good luck with your build. Have fun with your truck.

JP
Hey thanks.... still have not made a choice between your 4.5 system or the Carli 4.5... but getting close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.