10" Lift on a 2001 F-350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
10" Lift on a 2001 F-350

Hey guys.

I'm saving up cash now to get my truck to 10" in the next month or two depending on the cash needed. I want to switch over to coil overs in the front to keep the ride soft, but keep my leaf springs in the rear to keep the towing. What are you guys thinking? Any brands I should look at, or stay away from.

You guys thinking I'm going to need ladder bars. I'm at 8" in the rear right now. 4" lift with leaf springs and 4" suspension block. 4" up front. Anyone gone to this height?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 PM

im going to 16" right now, (thread below). Personally, i wouldnt buy a lift kit, id do the homework and buy my individual parts. Is this a daily, driver?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 PM

Yeah. She's a daily driver. I do tow. Sometimes as much as 20,000 pounds. Usually I'm towing a boat at like 8,000 - 12,000 pounds. I tow as often as I fish. So, I want to keep that 350 towing capability, but I want to sit up at 10".

I have no problem buying my parts individually. I just want to make sure I do it all correctly. What brands are you using, and why did you pick those parts? Obviously I'm going to need to lengthen my driveshaft (front and rear), get a dropped carrier, etc. What's your checklist?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:11 AM

I didnt trust myself to make sure everything was right so i sought out help from a friend. Im not driving my truck now, so its sitting there stripped while we piece it together. If this is a daily driver, the best way would be just buying a kit, or doing something very simple. If I were you, id add blocks to the rear, call somebody for shock and coilspring size. I dont think youre going tall enough to where youll be needed to extend driveshaft, especially if youre just going for lift and not some crazy rock crawler kind of truck.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I did 10 inch rear spring with the factory block, and for the front a 6 inch spring in front 5 inch hangers, witch is an 11 inch lift and it rides the same as a stock truck. At one time I had a 10 inch spring in front and that rode like crap.
parts you will need

extended trac bar or relocator
cross over steering
extended brake lines
drop carrier bearing
bigger shocks
longer sway bars
Old 11-06-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakiPolitis View Post
Hey guys.

I'm saving up cash now to get my truck to 10" in the next month or two depending on the cash needed. I want to switch over to coil overs in the front to keep the ride soft, but keep my leaf springs in the rear to keep the towing. What are you guys thinking? Any brands I should look at, or stay away from.

You guys thinking I'm going to need ladder bars. I'm at 8" in the rear right now. 4" lift with leaf springs and 4" suspension block. 4" up front. Anyone gone to this height?
I have coils on my truck, but I chose to buy a kit. Mine is from One Up Offroad. It is very expensive, but it works. Something is wrong, I call them up and they can answer my questions. On or offroad, doesn't matter, drives like a caddy! There are a lot of out fits out there that will build you a coil spring setup or an air bag setup and it may look real nice at shows, but it isn't going to drive good. There are shops that build these for a living and can not get the steering geometry right so it drives properly.

You could buy some o5+ axles and remove all the hardware off the frame from an 05 truck. Then go that route and buy a kit for the height that you want. Otherwise piecing it together or trying to build it yourself can result in serious drive ability issues. Or you end up spending more money just trying to get it to drive right than just going and buying a kit. You won't be able to just call someone up and have them help you out either.

I would put traction bars on your truck for the rear. Do the One Up Offroad bars/blocks and you will be good to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.