Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need to run through the front end!!!!

742 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Schnot 
#1 ·
OK, It's time to replace the ball joints on the front end. I have a 2000 F350 4X4 SRW Lariat Super Cab. I only want to do this once so what kind of replacement parts or in order for this. Also, what other parts should I replace while i;m on this kind of job, even if they don't look bad? The truck has 267,000 miles and I want to get another 100,000 out of it. The truck (believe it or not) does NOT use oil. I'm not a 25yr old kid that's trying to break my truck on the weekends! I use it for ranch work and pulling a horse trailer, haying,etc.... Any advice will be well received. Thanks-:dunno:

#3 ·
Yep go with moog parts for the ball joints and drag links. The bearings I have seen last up to 500,000 miles and other times only 20,000. Put a spindle conversion on it and you'll have better mileage and its rebuildable unlike the unit bearings. The kit is pricy but if you're going to keep the truck I think it's worth it. Dynatrac has a kit and ballistic fabrication also just came out with a kit. Just google either one and they'll come up.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.