Carli Suspension-Pin Top Review - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Carli Suspension-Pin Top Review

The guys at Carli Suspension have done a wonderful job, selecting and tuning their equipment of choice. I bought the Pin Top 2.5 w/ full Deaver spring packs for the rear and for my 2012 Lariat single wheel F350. I received the suspension system and was impressed with their packaging and labeling of the boxes. Needless to say when the truck showed up, I blew out the front door to get to the truck. I was excited. Once I had the packages in the garage I tore into each box, looking over the equip. and digging out all the instructions. I read through and had all the instructions pounded in to my head. I decided it was time to tear down the factory equipment on my truck and get ready for the install.
Following the instructions precisely, my brother and I had everything torn out of my truck in 3-4hrs. We began the install. The install went smooth everything went as shown on instructions. A total of about 10-12 hrs between tear down and install of the new Carli system. This included breaks and we only had floor jacks and jack stands. We had to run to the bolt store to pick up some bolts to drop the front bump stops. The bolts Carli sent were about ” too short. The rear spring went in w/o a hitch. I have read some people had hell getting the front spring bolt out on the driver side due to the fuel tank getting in the way. With a shallow socket and rachet we made short work of the said nut and bolt without dropping the tank.
After the install of all the new Carli system I would rate this job a 4 out of 10. I would drop this number considerably if I had a lift. The majority of the install being completed with basic hand tools it pretty simple.
I had my suspension system all bolted on and now all I had to do was bolt on my 17x8.75 5.5”BS Walker Evans wrapped in 37x12.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Truck is now complete and looks amazing.

First outting in my truck. I pull out of our shop and find the closest gravel road, I hammer on it. The tire stuck to the ground with zero wheel hop. Then the road turns to wash board and pot holes. I slowed down and waited for the truck to throw me off in the ditch. Nope we stayed right on track. My brother and I laughed in amazement of how well the Carli took control of the road. We got a little more use to the road and Carli and on the third pass I set the cruise on 70 and the truck never bobbled. We got through playing around and I had a 300 mi trip back home. The truck performed flawlessly. I finally got it back out in the oil patch and all the dirt and gravel roads I travelled before have a new speed limit. Most I have well over doubled the max speed on and the truck could take more than I’m willing to give. A few days in the field and I headed to Kansas on a hunt. The trip was over 750 mi one way. Once again the truck out performed my imagination. I was dreading the turnpike of sectioned concrete through Oklahoma that usually leaves me feeling rattled after the first 60-70 mi. I made it all the way through Oklahoma and almost forgot how rough the road really is. I’ve had the Carli Sytem on my truck for about a month now and have well over 4k miles on it. If I had to do it all over again I would buy this system 10 times over. Awesome.

I want to send out a big thanks to Sage, Dan and all the other guys at Carli. Great job Guys!!!!!!!!!

Before:

After:

Poser Shots:

Last edited by cumminchevy; 10-04-2012 at 05:45 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have the backcountry carli kit with full rear springs and I love it. The ride is great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 10-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Brandon, the truck looks great and thank your for the feedback/review! I apologize for the incorrect bolt size. It seems our bolt supplier dropped off a few of the wrong size bolts; for that I apologize. We've corrected the issue and I'm happy to send you new bolts if you'd like to return them to the hardware store.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Premium Member

dont worry bout it, the ride is worth a couple bolts
Old 10-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Shoot me an email with your shirt size!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
awesome look man !!!!!!!!!!! love the WALKERS....great choice.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I've had the Carli coil-over kit on my 08 for 4 years now. Worth every penny! Now that I see this pic I'm looking at Walker Evans wheels.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tire fryer View Post
I've had the Carli coil-over kit on my 08 for 4 years now. Worth every penny! Now that I see this pic I'm looking at Walker Evans wheels.
Those wheels are awesome; looks like Sage's Truck! He has the black walkers. How are the 5" backspace wheels, are you rubbing anywhere? Sage's are 5.5" and he clears everything.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Major Senior Member

Looks great! Glad you like it!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Premium Member

Thanks guys. Im really enjoying the truck more so now.

OC- The wheels are 5.5" BS "typo"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.