Anybody seen an air suspension like this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody seen an air suspension like this?

Just curious, has anyone seen a truck like say an f250 with an air bag suspension on say 38s or 37s that can lower all the way down to tuck the tires I just thought it would be neat since a 38 can still fit in the wheel well unless it's turning. It would be pretty cool to be able to go from a stock height or a little bit higher while getting in then popping up to a 10 inch lifted height or so for riding since you can't turn otherwise lol. So anyone?

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
not that it isnt achieveable, but you are asking for a very specific bag configuration. to be able to go from near stock to 10" + is a whole lot. most system give a minimum over stock and then offer and amount of travel based on bag choice.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:15 PM

if you have a lift configured for 10" or so, I would imagine that something would bind (track bar and or drag link, etc...) before it could go that low
Old 09-27-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnb99 View Post
not that it isnt achieveable, but you are asking for a very specific bag configuration. to be able to go from near stock to 10" + is a whole lot. most system give a minimum over stock and then offer and amount of travel based on bag choice.
Yeah it just made me think this was possible seeing some videos on YouTube of different trucks going from like a 4 inch lifted height all the way to about 14 inches of lift in a second or so.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Matt View Post
if you have a lift configured for 10" or so, I would imagine that something would bind (track bar and or drag link, etc...) before it could go that low
That is a good point. One major thing to consider is the length of the links in a four link. They would have the wheels centered in the wheel well at the lifted height but they would try to push forward when it is lowered. Now idk how much they would push forward since I haven't messed with four-links much but just a thought.

I just would have thought someone would have made a show truck like this or something by now.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Kelderman makes a lift like that. Just be prepared to sell a few body parts first.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchuricht View Post
Kelderman makes a lift like that. Just be prepared to sell a few body parts first.
lol yeah I've seen them. I'm not saying I would get one right now but maybe down the line. the only thing is every one of them that I've seen is on 40s so the tire limits how low the truck can go.

it would be cool to see one go from 3 or 4 inch to an 8 or 9 inch lift

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.