small lift......for eventual tires and maybe wheels....programmer?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
small lift......for eventual tires and maybe wheels....programmer??

I have an 05 F250
I'm wanting a 2-3" lift front and back, nothing extreme, just a lil more clearance and I'm wanting to get a lil bit bigger tires once my stock Bridgestones start to wear out......bout the same time I might have money for new tires(their fairly new)! If I have the money then, I might try to get a set of 20's or 22's for it with rubber, but not planning on it yet nor planning on anything real radically big, more than likely money will be tight once again.

Anyone have any suggestions to give a small lift for an 05? I've heard their a pain compared to 04's and earlier. My buddy has an 03 7.3L Excursion and made his own 8" lift, and was the one who let me know its a pain on 05's and up. He also used F350 springs on his 03....does that lift it anymore???

Got exhaust and an intake waiting to be installed, but was warned against getting a programmer.....anyone have any info on this too? I drive it mostly on the highway to and from class, a little bit on the farm checking cattle, and of course its going to be used to shoot deer out of when it gets too cold! I've been told to expect up to 15% economy increase with just the exhaust and intake driving it the way I do, rather calmly and well within the speed limits. I've been averaging around 18.5mpg using diesel kleen, zoodad mod, and diesel from murphy oil (walmarts gas station).......I filled up at a Phillips 66 and it dropped to 14.5 mpg tho!!!!! Learned my lesson and they can keep their diesel!!!!

Thanks a ton, I know its a long red and a lot of stuff, I'm just gettin back into having a truck again after 6+ years driving a chevy car(not sure what I was thinking!). Not to mention its my first diesel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 09:03 PM

I got the bilstein leveling kit and it is sweet. 1000x better ride and took about 3 hours to put it on. It also sells for a good price.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005F250 View Post
I got the bilstein leveling kit and it is sweet. 1000x better ride and took about 3 hours to put it on. It also sells for a good price.
i'm prolly understanding it wrong, but doesn't that just raise the front of the back??? I was thinking it raised the front about 2" or so. If the entire body lifts I wouldn't mind that!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
it will just lift the front... most leveling kits will only lift the front... easiest and cheapest leveling kit you can get for your truck is just a simple coil spacer
Old 10-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

leveling kit

i'm not trying to jack his thread, but can i put on a leveling kit and a 2-3 inch lift. I'm kinda like him i want a lift, nothing to hateful just enough to clear 33 or 35's. preferably 35's. I'm really unfamiliar with raising trucks so any help is genuinely helpful
Old 10-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
leveling kit will clear 33's 35 will rub a little at full lock
Old 10-20-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer1014 View Post
leveling kit will clear 33's 35 will rub a little at full lock
No they won't. As long as you don't mess with the caster. With the right wheels you can put 37's on a leveled superduty.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Thats true if you have a different offset wheel about the 35's not rubbing but on stock wheels my bros buddys truck with 35's rubs
Old 10-20-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker49 View Post
i'm not trying to jack his thread, but can i put on a leveling kit and a 2-3 inch lift. I'm kinda like him i want a lift, nothing to hateful just enough to clear 33 or 35's. preferably 35's. I'm really unfamiliar with raising trucks so any help is genuinely helpful
If you have a 99-04 and want 35's with a leveling kit it is easiest if you use 16" wheels. If you have a 05-07 with a leveling kit like mine you can easily put 35's with any size wheel. If you want to put 37's your going to need to do some research.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer1014 View Post
Thats true if you have a different offset wheel about the 35's not rubbing but on stock wheels my bros buddys truck with 35's rubs
It does rub and I just remembered that I just cut part of my fender liner to stop the noise. The tire won't hit body panels as long as you don't mess with the caster. I did that and wouldn't recommend doing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.