Anyone buy from sdtrucksprings.com??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Please Visit our Site Sponsors
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone buy from sdtrucksprings.com???

I am getting ready to lift my solid axle swapped 97 f250 and am going with the 3" RSK in the front and some v or x code super duty springs. Now new from the dealer they are way over priced (like $260 a spring) so I was browsing around and came across sdtrucksprings.com and they have very reasonable oem replacement springs. Has anyone bought from there before? The low prices have me kind of skeptical but it seems legit, these are the springs I was looking at getting X Code Leaf Spring 1999-2004 Ford F250SD, F350SD 4wd - Leaf Spring (Front) [43-818] | $109.95 any feed back would be great as I am waiting on it before I place an order lol. Btw my goal is to do the 3" RSK with sd springs and run some 35/12.5/18 tires thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When I looked at them for my D60 swap, they used one part number for all code springs and they wern't progressive like the ford springs.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i bought u-bolts for my truck from them, very fast shipping and excellent tech's to talk too. I know a bunch of guys on the fordtruckenthusiest.com forum bought springs from the with no problems.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
They are not Ford springs...The reason I came up with the RS kit SD spring swap was to get the best ride quality..I know what the ford springs will ride like, unknown springs= unknown results. I also had customers get different heights than the Ford springs..again a unknown. IMO just pay the little differennce.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

SD TRUCK SPRINGS THREATENS TO SUE DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHead_Slayer View Post
I am getting ready to lift my solid axle swapped 97 f250 and am going with the 3" RSK in the front and some v or x code super duty springs. Now new from the dealer they are way over priced (like $260 a spring) so I was browsing around and came across sdtrucksprings.com and they have very reasonable oem replacement springs. Has anyone bought from there before? The low prices have me kind of skeptical but it seems legit, these are the springs I was looking at getting X Code Leaf Spring 1999-2004 Ford F250SD, F350SD 4wd - Leaf Spring (Front) [43-818] | $109.95 any feed back would be great as I am waiting on it before I place an order lol. Btw my goal is to do the 3" RSK with sd springs and run some 35/12.5/18 tires thanks!
BUYERS BE ALERTED – SD TRUCK SPRINGS METHOD FOR SERVICING A DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER IS TO THREATEN TO SUE THE CUSTOMER.

It appears that when a customer has a complaint with SD Truck Springs, and voices its dissatisfaction on-line, it’s solution is to threaten the customer with litigation for telling the truth. This is a whole new dimension in customer service.

I received a letter threatening litigation from SD Truck Springs’ attorney via Federal Express on July 23, 2015.

A PDF copy of the letter threatening to sue its customer can be downloaded at:

http://www.greenlabholdings.com/_Mis...Litigation.pdf

The videos are located at the bottom of this post.

On July 8, 2015, I ordered the DEI-2550 Firestone Airbag Kit from SDTruckSprings.com for my 2010 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW truck. I also ordered an air compressor to use for inflation of these airbags via wireless remote. The total order cost was $630.00 (Six Hundred Thirty Dollars).

The shipment was delivered on July 13, 2015 via interstate commerce.

I asked a neighbor who is a mechanic and United States Navy Submariner if he would assist me with installing the airbags and compressor.

Today, July 17, 2015 was the first day my neighbor had off to assist. As with most expensive items I order on line, I videotaped opening the boxes in the event there was any damage or other issues with the order.

What I received was a returned and repackaged kit, and we do not even know if it has all of the parts. The two videos show my neighbor and I opening the boxes, which proves that the kit that SDTruckSprings.com sent was obviously previously sold, returned and re-packaged. Arguably, SDTruckSprings.com knowingly and deliberately engaged in interstate perpetration of fraud.

I spoke with SDTruckSprings.com customer service and advised them that the product I received was obviously a return and repackaged kit and they appear to have been previously installed on another truck. After the expected denial, I told the customer service agent that I videotaped opening the boxes.

The answer I received from SDTruckSprings.com customer service was, [paraphrased] ‘Did you video tape someone installing them on another truck?’ My reply was pointed. He said he would transfer me to a supervisor, and the line disconnected.

The videos speak for themselves.

Video 1 of 2 - https://youtu.be/_ReyS-tcoeY

Video 2 of 2 - https://youtu.be/QMTyQU66wbQ
Old 07-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrav8r View Post
BUYERS BE ALERTED – SD TRUCK SPRINGS METHOD FOR SERVICING A DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER IS TO THREATEN TO SUE THE CUSTOMER.

It appears that when a customer has a complaint with SD Truck Springs, and voices its dissatisfaction on-line, it’s solution is to threaten the customer with litigation for telling the truth. This is a whole new dimension in customer service.

I received a letter threatening litigation from SD Truck Springs’ attorney via Federal Express on July 23, 2015.

A PDF copy of the letter threatening to sue its customer can be downloaded at:

http://www.greenlabholdings.com/_Mis...Litigation.pdf

The videos are located at the bottom of this post.

On July 8, 2015, I ordered the DEI-2550 Firestone Airbag Kit from SDTruckSprings.com for my 2010 Ford F-350 King Ranch 4x4 DRW truck. I also ordered an air compressor to use for inflation of these airbags via wireless remote. The total order cost was $630.00 (Six Hundred Thirty Dollars).

The shipment was delivered on July 13, 2015 via interstate commerce.

I asked a neighbor who is a mechanic and United States Navy Submariner if he would assist me with installing the airbags and compressor.

Today, July 17, 2015 was the first day my neighbor had off to assist. As with most expensive items I order on line, I videotaped opening the boxes in the event there was any damage or other issues with the order.

What I received was a returned and repackaged kit, and we do not even know if it has all of the parts. The two videos show my neighbor and I opening the boxes, which proves that the kit that SDTruckSprings.com sent was obviously previously sold, returned and re-packaged. Arguably, SDTruckSprings.com knowingly and deliberately engaged in interstate perpetration of fraud.

I spoke with SDTruckSprings.com customer service and advised them that the product I received was obviously a return and repackaged kit and they appear to have been previously installed on another truck. After the expected denial, I told the customer service agent that I videotaped opening the boxes.

The answer I received from SDTruckSprings.com customer service was, [paraphrased] ‘Did you video tape someone installing them on another truck?’ My reply was pointed. He said he would transfer me to a supervisor, and the line disconnected.

The videos speak for themselves.

Video 1 of 2 - https://youtu.be/_ReyS-tcoeY

Video 2 of 2 - https://youtu.be/QMTyQU66wbQ
So, SDTrucksprings offered to send you a label to return the airbags for a full refund and you refused? Looks like you should have returned them.

I ordered a pair of spacers from them for a used airbag kit I purchased from the forum. I only received one spacer. I contacted SDTrucksprings about the problem and now they are sending me another spacer to make a pair. They took care of my issue promptly and quickly.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:07 PM
Premium Member

I bought several things from them over the years and no issues whatsoever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
State/Province
What state or province do you live in?
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter the last two characters of the word "Powerstroke"
Security Question #2
*Required, this field is not shown to others. "While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State the animal mentioned in the sentence above."
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.