Level kit or 4" lift - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Level kit or 4" lift

Have '99.5 F250 7.3 and looking at either leveling kit or 4" lift. Leaning towards Pro-Comp or Superlift for leveling kit as they include new springs vs. spring pack. Thinking Pro-Comp, RevTek or Icon for 4". Feedback on any would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 03:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would go with 4", I put a leveling kit on my 01 & wished I would have done a 4".

I'd stay away from the pro comp kits. I've installed several of their leveling kits with negative results within a year. All of the kits front spring packs ended up with a negative arch. The rear add a leaf that we installed to make the truck not sit low after installing the "Leveling Kit" broke into three pieces. Also installed a superlift add a leaf on the rear of one of them with the same results.

If it were me I would go with the Icon kit over Pro Comp or Superlift.

Several vendors on here can set you up with a quality setup that will last & ride good.

Check with CT Performance Inc Home

Or Trevor @ PMF Disclaimer - Precision Metal Fab

I've dealt with both & had great results
Old 09-10-2012, 07:44 AM

I maqnaged a full line independant 4x4 store back in 04-05, we sold everything except Icon (called Donohoe racing back then), Procomp 2.5 kit was a new lift spring, later they introduced a 2" hanger kit, any hanger kit will sag the front springs if you do not limit the compression travel because you can overcompress the leaf springs by the hieght of the hangers, I ran the 4" procomp on my first 04 (pictured in my avatar, now have a Zone springpack level kit on my current 04) the 4" procomp is a great kit, I had to replace superlift and fabtech superduty leafsprings on SDs, but never procomp, athough we replaced many Procomp shocks and jeep leafsprings under warranty, the Most reliable shochs that we sold were OLD Man Emu (from ARB) I have a blown bilstein on the rear of my truck right now only 16 months old. I used rear lift springs on my personal truck rather than the ad a leaf, later I used a 4" block and stock springpack. The Rear ad a leaf should be a two leaf per side set that is put into the pack, many dealers sell short cast ad a leafs that go on the bottom of the factory pack, these are not good. Ad a leafs are not all the same. Carey at CT has a good handle on SD leafsprings, and suspension in general. My old Employer is out of business after 30 years,People who buy on price only often end up with poor results because quality and knowledge cost money$, but they are cheaper in the long run.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheyink View Post
Have '99.5 F250 7.3 and looking at either leveling kit or 4" lift. Leaning towards Pro-Comp or Superlift for leveling kit as they include new springs vs. spring pack. Thinking Pro-Comp, RevTek or Icon for 4". Feedback on any would be appreciated.
Get the Icon...

I would get it from Trucktoyzperformance. They are great to deal with.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:24 PM

I had a donahoe racing, now icon 4" lift on my 03 and it was by far the best riding leaf spring lift truck i rode in. I would buy the icon if I were you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.