I have 1" aluminum rear blocks for an 06 F350 dually, where do they go? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have 1" aluminum rear blocks for an 06 F350 dually, where do they go?

They're similar to these... 99-04 FORD F250 4x4 1" Rear Lift Blocks | eBay

, i had them for 2yrs, part of a 2.5" front lift spacer set for the truck, mainly because the front of the dually F350s sat too low for the snow plow mounts to install correctly, almost 2" lower than a SRW 2006 F350.. go figure.

I put the front level kit on and never installed these back two 1" blocks. I got all the damn rusted nuts off today, and directions online say it takes an hour total to do this, just jack up the truck by the differential and slide them in? huh?

I have the axle jacked up, but if i put these blocks on TOP of the whole spring assembly, it wont lift the truck, if i put them underneath, i need to lift the body of the truck so the axle is "hanging" and then i'll have room under the ubolts/and above the axle i guess. Anyone have directions or can explain how to put them in or at least where they go? Above the axle and under the leafs? Seems so simple :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 04:28 PM

You stack them with your factory blocks. Put them between bottom of factory blocks and axle.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:03 PM

well i figured it out, had to jack up the spring , so that lowers the axle a little and can slide the aluminum 1" block in, of course the pre-drilled hole isnt large enough for the nipple shaped piece protruding from the bottom of the leaf pack.

Couldnt get any nuts back on without eliminating the washers on top of the U shackles, so ill put it all back together without them and then try to get them on after driving for a day with it around town. I cant even get the nuts to thread on 100%, 70-90% is at most they'll tighten back down on stock U shackles. Finish the other side tomorrow and should be good.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2deisel View Post
You stack them with your factory blocks. Put them between bottom of factory blocks and axle.
Maybe thats the trick.

I put them on top of the factory block and between the spring, fits but ill change it around tomorrow then. thanks
Old 09-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Premium Member

Here is what the aluminum blocks looked like that I took out of the wife's 1/2-ton. They were there when we bought the truck. You can see that the weight of the truck (did I mention it's a light weight half ton truck?) distorted the blocks, also, the alignment pin was about to BREAK OFF!

I would install your aluminum blocks in the garbage can in favor of a taller, ONE PIECE steel block.
Attached Thumbnails
I have 1" aluminum rear blocks for an 06 F350 dually, where do they go?-al-block-1.jpg   I have 1" aluminum rear blocks for an 06 F350 dually, where do they go?-al-block-2.jpg   I have 1" aluminum rear blocks for an 06 F350 dually, where do they go?-al-block-3.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.