Can you identify my lift kit? Video included... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 03:53 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can you identify my lift kit? Video included...

Can you help me identify my lift kit. I have a video.

If you need aby measurements, let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 07:46 AM

Bump......
Old 08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wish i could help, but all i see is a generic (roughly) 4" lift that replaces the front leaf and adds a block to the rear. the rear needs some attention, stacking blocks is a bad idea especially on a high torque truck...... the front is hard to see, but it does look like someone has tried a better shock.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:53 AM

Thanks for the reply, man. Do these trucks come factory with one of those blocks? I want to measure the non factory one/ ones to see exactly what size lift i have. The rear rides rough anf i woukd like to help it out some. Any suggestions?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple X View Post
Thanks for the reply, man. Do these trucks come factory with one of those blocks? I want to measure the non factory one/ ones to see exactly what size lift i have. The rear rides rough anf i woukd like to help it out some. Any suggestions?
Some lifts use the stacked blocks. I add the two blocks together and then look for a set of blocks in that size. the air bags will add to the stiff ride .
The air bags are usually added to keep the truck from sagging too much when towing.

Me I like my truck as level as possible.
Me I wouldn't want to drive around with air bags stiffening my ride

So before you go to a single block and decide on size. (As in 5"block or 6")
You need to decide on what you are going to do with the air bags.
If you keep them then measure your blocks and buy a block accordingly.
If you decide to remove the air bags, remove them before you get new blocks to see if your truck sits level. Just make sure you get your truck sitting as you want.
You could go extreme and replace springs and blocks to get your truck sitting as you want , this way you can keep the block height down to a minimum or just stay with the stock block. Let the springs do the lift.

I hope this helps and doesn't make more confusion
Old 09-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Air bags set at the minimum required 5 psi won't have an impact on ride quality or height , so if they aren't being used to level the truck keep them they are handy

I can't tell squat by the vid but stacked rear blocks are common on ford because of the rear bump stop . most companies don't offer a lift block with one so they stack em to retain the bump stop function

I hated that and got rid of mine and went full leaf at the expense of ride quality

you can get a full block with a bump stop ,, or just don't worry about the bump stop those bags will suffice and just get a single full height block

Last edited by ZMANN; 09-02-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
Air bags set at the minimum required 5 psi won't have an impact on ride quality or height , so if they aren't being used to level the truck keep them they are handy

I can't tell squat by the vid but stacked rear blocks are common on ford because of the rear bump stop . most companies don't offer a lift block with one so they stack em to retain the bump stop function

I hated that and got rid of mine and went full leaf at the expense of ride quality

you can get a full block with a bump stop ,, or just don't worry about the bump stop those bags will suffice and just get a single full height block
My brother-in-law has air bags on his 99 and he said ever since he added the air bags his truck rides stiff? I suggested he let the air down because I assumed the ride should be fine. He said no, the air is already down.He only pumps the air bags up when towing. Thus my Position on the air bags. Maybe the truck just rides stiff? Plus I have heard the bags ride fine from some and stiffer from others. I always thought they would ride stiffer only when pumped up!

Last edited by Larryw1; 09-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:19 AM

Glad this thread is finally getting some love

I let all the air out the bags last week. Didnt know anything about the minimum. Guess i need to put 5psi back in...

From what i'm reading, hangers ride better than using blocks. Is that what yall have seen?

The front is not too terrible of a ride. The back bounces HARD. The front rubs when i turn and hit a bump, like when pulling into a store on an inclined drive... might want another 1-2" of lift up front.

I'm running 35" bfg ATs.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple X View Post
Glad this thread is finally getting some love

I let all the air out the bags last week. Didnt know anything about the minimum. Guess i need to put 5psi back in...

From what i'm reading, hangers ride better than using blocks. Is that what yall have seen?

The front is not too terrible of a ride. The back bounces HARD. The front rubs when i turn and hit a bump, like when pulling into a store on an inclined drive... might want another 1-2" of lift up front.

I'm running 35" bfg ATs.
So then it is the trucks rear springs that rides stiff? Talk to a spring shop. see if the ride can be improved without loosing to much tow capacity. only you can decide on the give and take for towing or ride!

On my 2012 I went from a 2008 F150 to the SuperDuty. What a change!!! Of course the new SuperDuty ride is stiffer and bounces more. I knew that when I bought it. When I compare to my 75 F250 or 85 F350, the new truck rides nice!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:43 PM

Thats an option. What i was trying to figure out was what all had been changed to know what parts were stock etc to know where to go from here.

The truck used to have a 5th wheel and only has 97k miles on a 99 model, so i'm guessing somebody used it to either haul a camper or horse trailer... it came from texas...

Seems like its probably stock leafs in the rear then? With just 2 block underneath. Guessing the front leafs have been changed since there arent any blocks. How can i tell if the front leafs are stock?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.