Firestone ride rite airbags with auto leveling - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Firestone ride rite airbags with auto leveling

I've been doing some reading up on helper airbag kits out there and wanted to see if anyone uses the Firestone Ride rite Automatic Air command system (auto leveling)?

Here are the bags: Firestone Ride-Rite Kit 2550, Air Bag Kit Ford F-250, F-350 - TruckSpring.com

Single Leveling kit w/o compressor: 2186, Firestone Automatic Air Command System - Single Gauge, Leveling Compressor Kit - TruckSpring.com

Single Leveling kit w compressor: 2332, Firestone Electronic Height Control - Single Sensor, Leveling Compressor Kit - TruckSpring.com

Why in the world is the kit WITHOUT the compressor $122 and the kit WITH the compressor a whopping $518, almost $400 for just a compressor? Am I missing something big here?

I have a gooseneck hitch so I'll need the bags that mount inboard of the frame and would really like to have a auto leveling system so I won't have to worry about manually inflating or deflating the bags. The dash mounted filling switched and wireless remote are cool but then you'd have to level the truck "just with your eyes".

Anyone have any experience with this kit or leveling system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 07:31 PM

bump, no one has one?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:47 AM

I went ahead and picked up a Airlift WirelessAIR.
Air Lift Wireless Air - Remote Air Compressor System (Control Two Springs Independently) - 72000 | $449.00
and a firestone ride right bag set:
http://www.truckspring.com/products/...c-0fd5db773c48

I figured it's as good of a price as I'm going to get anytime soon ($370 shipped) so I caved in. I still would like to have a way where it can be used with a sensor so I can have 2 options, 1. auto leveling and 2. full manual adjustment. I haul a lot of trailers empty then load it when I get to a job, the auto feature would be nice when I'm loading the trailer up the truck will be leveled and ready to go. Once on the road I could switch to manual and adjust as needed. This will be down the road though.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:48 PM

thats what i use and you can have pre set psi for your favorite trailers
Old 09-04-2012, 01:02 PM

are you sure you can't find an outboard mount for your hitch ?
u can mix and match controllers and bags no prob
Old 09-05-2012, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
are you sure you can't find an outboard mount for your hitch ?
u can mix and match controllers and bags no prob
I can't find a outboard kit that will work with a in bed hitch, I can modify an outboard kit to fit but then warranty is shot. I did mix and match with a firestone bag kit and a airlift controller, seemed like the best option for me
Old 09-06-2012, 12:30 PM

I always see outboard setups for B&W etc ,, so I am surprised you can't find one for yours

however as far as the warranty .. the brackets will never need warranty
Old 09-07-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
I always see outboard setups for B&W etc ,, so I am surprised you can't find one for yours

however as far as the warranty .. the brackets will never need warranty
I hope the brackets never need to be warrantied but there is always a chance. Take a look at this thread a while back and see that his mounts failed question on helper airbags (firestone/airlift)

As far as me not wanting to void the warranty by mod'ing them, I just don't want to have any reason they would reject a claim or even get into trouble if I had a wreck and they blamed the airbags. I know there is a 99.9% chance no such thing will happen but if it did I want to be covered. It's kinda like the towing "when properly equiped" phrase, most all trucks have to really crappy towing rating when just standard towing (no distribution hitch), but people still over load them everyday.

Maybe other companies have different bag setups to work with a gooseneck hitch but Air lift and firestone only have the inboard ones I believe
Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 PM

So I tried installing my airbags tonight and ran into a bit of a issue. I have a 5" diamond eye exhaust and it's interfering with the bag placement on the passenger side. Since I have a hitch in the bed the exhaust does sit a little lower for clearance but I don't think it would move up enough to clear the bag. Even a fully stock exhaust looks like it would be a problem. I'd really like to see some pictures of the clearance of other members trucks to compare with.

Here is a pic, my thumb is right inline of the threaded hole in the bottom of the bag and my finger is right inline there the hole is to bolt to the bag, a good couple of inches is needed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.