2" front lift for 2wd - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2" front lift for 2wd

I had planned to complete a 2" front coil lift on my truck this past weekend. I got started, but didn't get the job done.
In order to do the lift, I've got to get the front tires of the ground at least 3" in order to make the change and get the tires back on when finished. That's pretty high when using jacks and jack stands. I don't have a frame lift available to me.
Anyway, I was not pleased with the stability of the truck and subsequently, my safety working on the suspension under those conditions. Therefore, I put it off until this coming weekend when I'll have better equipment to work with.
Pictures will follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2007, 09:31 AM
im fat and ugly

definately safety first man be carefull
Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 PM

how did your lift install go?

Just wanted to check with you to see how your lift install went? I have an 02 F350 2wd longbed crew cab and I would love to get rid of the nose down sled look. Did you buy the daystar 2" coil spacers?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i believe he bought a full replacement coil.... not sure.... . def safety first...
Old 11-27-2007, 07:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 6.0Sean
Im interested in seeing the new face lift! I am going to put a leveling kit on my 2wd, but heard that you need to get an alignment often afterwards, so I figured Id do it at the same time as new tires/rims.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to eazenutz33
did the same with mine....had to put everything back on and do it a week later at a friends house with taller jackstands, 2 heavyduty jacks, and a stronger impact wrench. BUT with the correct tools it took half the time after knowing what needed to be done.

My alignment seems fine, but my steering wheel is ****ed a lil to the left, thats what I think needs to be corrected. I need to talk to someone again how to do it.....a guy here was gonna tell me, but I forgot to have him tell me before leaving after checking tire prices.....I tend to do that!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:25 AM

Lift is done

I completed the lift with a minimum of difficulty. Safety is the key element here. I had extra jack stands, and I never removed the floor jack from under the truck.
Aside from that, it was an easy install. I went with the 2" cushion that goes on the bottom perch. The instructions were accurate and very straight forward. I didn't have a spring compressor, but used a small scissor jack to extend the bottom control arm enough to get the spring back in after installing the cushion.

An alignment was necessary after the install, due to a negative camber on the front tires. It looked a little like the back wheels of an old Volkswagen, but not that severe.

Bottom line is, it could have used a 3" lift to make it perfectly level. It still sits about 1.5 in low in the nose, but a whole lot better.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:28 AM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
be safe when doing it man!! i want to add a 1 inch ad a lef. i have a snow plow kit on my truck from the factory and next to my dads powerstroke which is the same everything but that snow plow kit i sit half a mirror higher than him but when i get that plow on the front of my truck it sags the front end down so bad it looks like chit. so i want to get it leveled out!! got any suggestions??
Old 11-28-2007, 08:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to 6.0Sean
Got any pics of the front end?
Old 11-28-2007, 01:08 PM

Unfortunately I didn't take any. It was so straight forward, I really didn't think to take them. I used the 2" lift kit from Fat Bob's. There are others out there, and I think they are pretty typical.
Like I said, It really could have used a 3" lift, but I wasn't able to find one. I'm still about 1.5" low in front, but even the 2" made a big difference. I run 285's on the truck, and the lift makes it look pretty good.
Next is a DP Tuner with 40 & 60 tow, 80 econo, and maybe an idle setting. My buddy's got a Cummins with a rump-rump-rump idle that's cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.