2011+ F250 Lift Options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011+ F250 Lift Options

Hello all. I am new to this forum and I am saving up $$ and doing research on lift kits for 2011+ F250, crew, short bed, 6.7. In the rear i was just planning on OUO traction block set up for the lift. And i am trying to figure out what my best affordable, quality ride lift up front should be. I have looked into Carli, Icon, and pure. I hear good things about all but i have yet to see any Carli and Icon kits with 38" tires. The pictures i have seen look great with 37" tires but was just wondering if anyone had any pictures with 38" tires with either the Carli or Icon set ups. Issue with the pure set up is that i have only seen the one pure kit on the grey 2011 in one of the magazines and i am not seeing any kits to buy that are for the 2011 and up. I am not a hard core offroader, and it will mostly be a street queen/daily driver, but i do tow. 4 link? stick with radius arms? coil overs? stick with spring and shock? Any insight from you guys would be great as i am out to lunch with my best overall option...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would go with an Icon lift kit with One Up Offroad ALA arms. It will work for different lift heights, increases your turning radius over stock, no bumpsteer, and tighter steering with no wander. Your steering on your front axle is designed around a radius arm setup not a 4-link. You will be happy with OUO ALA's... It is essentially what I have on my truck and it steers and handles awesome.

What height are you looking for? I would start with calling Marty at Trucktoyzperformance. He is a wealth of knowledge and even if you don't go that route it will be a good discussion.

Last edited by layson; 08-27-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If it's going to be a street queen/daily driver I would go for a Back Country or Pintop with a full spring upgrade rear. This will allow the best possible on and offroad ride and will be leaps and bounds better than stock. The 6.7 isn't capable of the type of power the 6.4 is and our full leafs will definitly keep axle wrap to a minimum; in fact, there is a video showing how minimal axle wrap is on the new trucks floating around here somewhere.

The above setup will promote all around drivabilty and you'll still be able to use your vehicle for it's intended purposes. If you need more hauling capacity after the lift, you can always add a set of our long-travel airbags and have the perfect all around setup with a compliant yet controlled street ride, ability to haul and no axle wrap!

I wouldn't do a traction block unless you're planning on huge power as they tend to fight spring articulation in the rear causing a harsher than necessary ride. A 4 link is a decent idea but keep in mind the give you more body roll as the additional leverage provided by the 4-link tends to overwhelm the stock sway bar up front. Not badmouthing, just letting you know why we elected to maintain the factory radius arm with our systems.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by achamb10 View Post
Hello all. I am new to this forum and I am saving up $$ and doing research on lift kits for 2011+ F250, crew, short bed, 6.7. In the rear i was just planning on OUO traction block set up for the lift. And i am trying to figure out what my best affordable, quality ride lift up front should be. I have looked into Carli, Icon, and pure. I hear good things about all but i have yet to see any Carli and Icon kits with 38" tires. The pictures i have seen look great with 37" tires but was just wondering if anyone had any pictures with 38" tires with either the Carli or Icon set ups. Issue with the pure set up is that i have only seen the one pure kit on the grey 2011 in one of the magazines and i am not seeing any kits to buy that are for the 2011 and up. I am not a hard core offroader, and it will mostly be a street queen/daily driver, but i do tow. 4 link? stick with radius arms? coil overs? stick with spring and shock? Any insight from you guys would be great as i am out to lunch with my best overall option...
I can't say as if I've seen any pics of trucks with these lifts and 38's posted anywhere.

If you are looking at systems like that from Carli or Pure Performance I would stick to the engineered setup as opposed to mixing and matching things. Carli has tuned their shocks for use with their mini packs or leafs and they won't perform the same with stock leafs with or without traction bars.

Here is a guy running a Carli Pintop 2.5 kit with a tuner 6.4 truck on the Hot setting. This is going to be around 1200 ft/lbs of torque to the wheels which is more than a tuned 6.7 is currently capable of. As you can see there is still some axle wrap but the point is that there is no wheel hop. In the truck the shifting would feel solid and controlled.

Deaver Leafs - YouTube

Last edited by Skyd Ram; 08-29-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the input everyone. I just wish I could find someone with an icon 7" lift with 38" tires as icon states in their kit the lift works with 37 or 38" tires.

Layson....to answer your question I am just trying for around 7 or 8 inches in lift. Anything more than that I am thinking it wouldn't be practical for what I use the truck for. If I had 12k I would throw down on the OUO set up but that's a couple more toys in the garage for that price. 35" tires look bad...just personal preference. Just looking for a nice lift that will last and perform well and not hurt drive ability down the world. Just enough to clear 37" or 38" inch tires and look clean. Thanks again to the replies all. Let me know if anyone else has any input.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the input everyone. I just wish I could find someone with an icon 7" lift with 38" tires as icon states in their kit the lift works with 37 or 38" tires.

Layson....to answer your question I am just trying for around 7 or 8 inches in lift. Anything more than that I am thinking it wouldn't be practical for what I use the truck for. If I had 12k I would throw down on the OUO set up but that's a couple more toys in the garage for that price. 35" tires look bad...just personal preference. Just looking for a nice lift that will last and perform well and not hurt drive ability down the world. Just enough to clear 37" or 38" inch tires and look clean. Thanks again to the replies all. Let me know if anyone else has any input.
Not talking about a full OUO kit. Just the front ALA arms and an Icon lift kit to go with your OUO traction bars/blocks. It is a great combination with zero axle wrap, no bumpsteer, adjustable for a stock truck and up, drives and handles better than a stock truck. Pretty much it is going to do everything that it isn't supposed to do. If you know what I mean... LOL
Old 08-27-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:

Check out this gallery.... there has to be one on here.

http://www.trucktoyzperformance.com/...earch-blue.php

Check it out there are a ton of trucks on there with that lift height you are looking for. Call up Marty and talk to him. Trust me it worth your time.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah. Will do. I am looking for more lift than 4.5". I knew what you meant. I was just saying if I had the money I would go with the full OUO set up. Front and rear.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:08 PM

[QUOTE=achamb10;3227576]Thanks for the input everyone. I just wish I could find someone with an icon 7" lift with 38" tires as icon states in their kit the lift works with 37 or 38" tires.

I got a PMF 7" and 37's. His kit is based around icon 7" springs and rides great! If I went to a smaller wheels and more positive back spacing i could fit 38's but I like the look of a 10" wide wheel and negative back spacing.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah. Will do. I am looking for more lift than 4.5". I knew what you meant. I was just saying if I had the money I would go with the full OUO set up. Front and rear.
Cool, LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.