2004 PS f250 leveling question trucks already lifted - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 PS f250 leveling question trucks already lifted

Hello everyone I recently bought my 2004 f250 6.0 PS. As you can see it's already lifted with what I was told is a 10" lift. I included pictures of my lift up front and I was wondering what you guys think would be the best way to bring the front up another 1"/1.5" to level the truck out? I dont like the little rake it has now. I measured the front shackle and it's 5" from bolt hole center to bolt hole center at first I was going to just try a longer shackle but I cant find anyone who just sells a 6.5" shackle. So anyway any info you guys have or site vendors you guys can reccommend to help me level out the truck would be great.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Hillbilly Deluxe

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Umm what about lowering the rear?? Imho I think it would look better. The rear could be as easy as changing out a block.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...
Old 08-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKED_NY_023 View Post
Umm what about lowering the rear?? Imho I think it would look better. The rear could be as easy as changing out a block.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...
Thanks but id rather raise the front. im running 38's now and plan to go to 40's on my next tire purchase. On another forum someone mentioned using the minispring pack do you guys think this would work and not compromise the ride quality? Im very pleased with how the truck rides right now.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i would be cautious of the mini pak, just due to the fact that they are more designed for stock leafs, you leafs are a multi leaf design and the length of the shortest mini pak leaf may be longer than you shortest leaf.

contact PMF, and look at making a longer front leaf mount, but make sure you steering and track bar can accomodate.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's a different style shackle mount.

Your options to raise the front are either longer shackles and hangers, or get higher lift springs.

There's a slew of other parts to change out to make it ride well and be safe.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The factory rear shackle mounts to the middle of the frame. With the kit on your truck, they used a drop mount for the shackle and a larger hanger in the front. If you can, measure from the center of the large round hole behind the silver colored drop plate on the hanger to the center of the spring eyelet bolt on the shackle. Then meaure from the bottom of the frame to the center of the front spring eyelet bolt. This will tell me what size shackle and hanger you have on your truck. We make them in many different sizes, so it wont be difficult to get another 1" out of it. If you only added a longer shackle in the rear, it will through your castor off. You need to lift the spring equally.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
The factory rear shackle mounts to the middle of the frame. With the kit on your truck, they used a drop mount for the shackle and a larger hanger in the front. If you can, measure from the center of the large round hole behind the silver colored drop plate on the hanger to the center of the spring eyelet bolt on the shackle. Then meaure from the bottom of the frame to the center of the front spring eyelet bolt. This will tell me what size shackle and hanger you have on your truck. We make them in many different sizes, so it wont be difficult to get another 1" out of it. If you only added a longer shackle in the rear, it will through your castor off. You need to lift the spring equally.
So I measured out approx 7-7.5" on the front hanger that from the middle of the lower leaf bolt straight up to the frame.

And on the rear from the the original frame hole down to the middle of the lower shackle bolt it was about 8-8.5"

So with that said do you think another shackle and hanger is a option or should I try a bigger leaf pack?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Based off those measurements, you have a 4" shackle and hanger. If you went with our 5", it would give you a 1"-1.5" lift.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotStock View Post
Based off those measurements, you have a 4" shackle and hanger. If you went with our 5", it would give you a 1"-1.5" lift.
Thank you very much sir. And based on my pictures do you think I need the 5" or your 6" shackle/hanger setup to get it level with the rear.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Hard to tell from the pics. Measure from the top of the tire to the fender well front and rear to determine that. Keep in mind that you need the rear to sit AT LEAST 1/2" taller in the rear than the front for the truck to appear level. If it measures out the same height, the body and window lines will actually make the rear look a little lower than the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.