2005 f250 sp lift ??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Suspension & Steering Discuss OEM & aftermarket suspension, lifts, air ride suspension, shocks, steering components, etc.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 04:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 f250 sp lift ???

hey guys just want to see if a few thing will work right now i got a 05 regular cab 6.0 4x4 it has 2.5 inch leveling kit up front and 2inch blocks in there rear onn 33s. Question is if i did a 4.5inch lift kit could i keep the leveling kit on there so id have 7inchs in the front and 6inch in the rear because i want the rear little lower then the front. Also could i do it if i went with a 6inch lift please let me no want to get some ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
NOT RECOMMENDED, you CAN run a spring spacer on top of a lift. most cases your lift wont be engineered properly for the additional lift, if it includes radius arm brackets, trackbar bracket and pitman arm, adding the additional lift could throw the geometry out of whack.

now, if you account for the things properly , you can do it, but it would be like stacking blocks in the rear, MANy HAVE DONE IT, but ask thise who have had failures if they would do it again.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:02 AM

so i think i should just pull the leveling kit off sell it and go with a 6inch kit... more simple and done right. But to give me that extra 1/2 or inch higher in the front i could use spacers like u said or what can i do....Thanks for the help
Old 08-22-2012, 11:03 AM

Usually the lift kits come preadjusted for the stock blocks in the rear to make it level. The lift kit should come with a 6" block or new springs to delete the stock block.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:33 AM

i no the lift kit will have me level but i want the front up 1inch or more so the front end just little higher
Old 08-23-2012, 03:02 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
order a custom rear block, and sell the one with the kit, somebody will always buy these blocks.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89ezgo View Post
hey guys just want to see if a few thing will work right now i got a 05 regular cab 6.0 4x4 it has 2.5 inch leveling kit up front and 2inch blocks in there rear onn 33s. Question is if i did a 4.5inch lift kit could i keep the leveling kit on there so id have 7inchs in the front and 6inch in the rear because i want the rear little lower then the front. Also could i do it if i went with a 6inch lift please let me no want to get some ideas
It will work. I did it on my 05 a few years ago. You will need a couple extra things. Mine started with the DR 4.5" drop kit then I added a 2" spacer on the bottom of the coils to get 6.5" in the front. The kicker is you will need a drop box kit which includes drop pitman arm, drop track bar bracket and longer sway bar end links. If I remember correctly you use stock alignment cams with the 4.5" drop kit but different cams with the spacer kit and you will want to use the cams from the spacer kit. Look at an Icon 4.5" and 7" kit then compare parts other than springs.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:17 PM

so u are telling me i can use my front spacer witch is a 2.5inch spacer and just get a 4.5" full drop kit lift kit from what ever company i go with and id be good to go with that. and with the rear just add the block that comes with the kit to the 2inc i already have.. Would this be cheaper then geting a 6inch lift and taking the leveling kit out sorry for all the ????? but i want to order one of they other soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.